or Connect

Posts by DaisyO

cool...we're on a permanent Elizabeth Mitchell loop here and a new voice would be awesome...especially if it is nothing like Wiggles--they really are intolerable, it is really shocking! thanks so much for all your help.  my toddler is currently enjoying a pair of castanets so that's a nice development here at presents time
we have it...well, a glockenspeil or whatever!  and drums, a wooden xylophone, uke, etc somehow she is in love w/ noise toys however, and I sort of want to fill that void with something pretty neutral.  you know?  all we have is the so-called music blocks and one of those musical books that was a hand-me-down from the neighbor
those are awesome.  good call.  also previous w/ tape recorder...
Hi!   I (well, not "I" really, but my 2-year-old) just received a Neurosmith Music Blocks toy.  It is brand new--I have seen that there are old versions that take cartridges etc but this is not one of those, it is just brand new, so bear with me if you know what I'm referring to.  It won't help to tell me to get the old one with the cartridges.   Like, how does it work?  Is there anything to it besides the obvious?  Does your kid like it...?  I find the music...
I am having a hard time with this issue (of course, since I'm on this board!) myself.  I have a 2-year-old girl, who is my perfect companion and all that I could ever hope for in a child.  Like you, I had a weird pregnancy that ended in a mysterious premature birth (only one month early, thank G*d, and no NICU stay--thanks to the midwife who I think fudged her birthweight by one ounce).  I also gained a lot of weight, as much as five pounds a week toward the end...
hey pickle... I just took my daughter to a fancy "play studio" today--it was expensive!  Would I be able to do that more than a couple of times a year with more than one?  Hell no, we would be at home with the Arthur books and the Elizabeth Mitchell cd on repeat!  Not that that would really be so bad...but she did love the play studio and had a great morning WITH other kids.  Anyway, thought of you when I was forking over my entry fee this morning :) xo D
children's museum--very expensive per child! quick improvised trips around town would be impossible...already have a hard time getting out of the house. trip to book or toy shop for a treat...that would get twice as expensive, so thus would be done away with. co-sleeping (for us, three wouldn't fit--child sleeps diagonally). logistically hard things like swim lessons would start to be a super drag. making something special--you'd have to make 2, and they'd have...
Hi,   I have been feeling so depressed and angry, and for such a stupid reason.  There are just a couple of so-called "mommy blogs" I like, and my favorite one ( Black and White and Loved All Over ), which is in general great, just totally bummed me out.  The mommy in question just had her second kid--of course she is over the moon with happiness, as can be expected, and she finished her post by saying: "Overnight I went from being the mom of one precocious little...
If it's not menopause, maybe a hormonal problem?  I take iodine drops, which I have reason to believe are helpful for this sort of thing, although clearly not as effective as a real thyroid medication would be.  Maybe have your levels checked.
Hi,   I have to take antibiotics as a precaution against Lyme Disease (had a tick, now have a spot, etc).  I will be on Amox. for 21 days, 3x per day.  In order to not get too sick from the antibiotics, I bought: a big jar of unpasteurized saurkraut, unpasteurized youghurt, a bottle of fancy probiotic tablets, and some kombucha (I know, that is kind of silly).  I am also going to try to cut out sugar but not sure if I can totally kick it.     Any other advice...