or Connect

Posts by DaisyO

Hey,   I need to buy a vacuum, but am not able to understand the "reviews" online, many of which appear to be hoaxes perpetrated by vacuum companies, and others of which appear to be the nearly arbitrary ramblings of lonely people.   So, what should I get!  I need to buy one, like, a.s.a.p.  Have mostly hardwood floors plus two Turkish rugs.  I want to be able to clean very well around the walls near baseboards, so I think I must get a canister vacuum with a...
I mean, come on now!  Raffi would have been such a cool dad! Please, tell me, this has been on my mind for literal years.
Hey,   I need to buy a vacuum, but am not able to understand the "reviews" online, many of which appear to be hoaxes perpetrated by vacuum companies, and others of which appear to be the nearly arbitrary ramblings of lonely people.   So, what should I get!  I need to buy one, like, a.s.a.p.  Have mostly hardwood floors plus two Turkish rugs.  I want to be able to clean very well around the walls near baseboards, so I think I must get a canister vacuum with a...
What is the deal with this?  I'm suffering from a major anxiety disorder (I have been a couple of times to a psychologist, most recently this morning, but have no insurance so it can't be too frequent), but I am afraid to ask for medication since I still nurse my two-year-old several times a day.  I have heard that Zoloft is probably okay, but how can I be sure?     Well, one more thing to be scared of, I guess.  Great.   Anyway, thanks for the help D
My 2-year-old is the most perfect child for me and my partner.  I can't imagine having another child since this one is so right for us (and especially me).  I guess this sounds harsh but it seems like a dice roll and since I won so big the first time I feel hesitant to try again.  Is this ridiculous?  Sounds like it when it's written down, but I can't shake the feeling that I struck gold the first time and could never have such good luck again. 
Not sure.  I feel pretty bad about the way I managed my education, but my degree allows me to teach (only in colleges, not public schools), which is how I make all my money.  Since I'm an adjunct, I just have a few classes and the work I put in (well, not counting prep work at home etc) averages out to about $30/hr.  My partner works in a public school as a teacher's aide but would make more money doing similar work if his degree were in his field.   What I have is a...
Okay, so...   I don't know if I'm going to do it or not, but if one was to take Zoloft while nursing (from what I've seen, this is not the worst thing you could do), how long does it take to pass into the milk, and how long does it stay there?  I am nursing a two-year-old several times a day.  I thought maybe I could get around any transfer problems by timing when I took the medication vs when I nursed the child.  Anxiety is a big problem for me, and getting worse...
Have you decided?  Curious...
only 23 so far :)
Hi!   I live in Portland, and I have a nearly 2-year-old girl.  Before I had the baby I attended the State Street Episcopal church (St Luke's Cathedral) and also the Portland Friends' Meeting.  Now that my girl is almost old enough, I'm trying to figure out a church with a good scene for the little ones and that is not conservative socially.  Does anybody have experience with a great church in the area that you could share, including the children's...