or Connect

Posts by pandd06

This has been the case with both of my boys. 10 months is huge for night-wakings with BFed babies, too. I found this study run-down comforting: http://kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/sleepstudies/.
Awareness is hard! I think about all of the things I ate, did, bathed in, etc. before I knew better...and it isn't comforting. But, what can you do? Let the past go, embrace the changes you can handle now, and allow your amazing body to heal. As for your mattress and budget: what about a mattress barrier? Ala: http://www.amazon.com/Magnolia-Organics-Barrier-Mattress-Revised/dp/B0045RS1Y6   If a new mattress is possible, look at Ikea's NATURAL latex ones (they also have...
My 2.5 year old needs one nap midway through the day and my 13 mo old still thrives with two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He no longer falls asleep easily in a carrier, so that is out. While my toddler will usually play alone just fine while I nurse the baby down, the baby is hyper when getting big brother down and wants my attention and to play with his brother who is trying to fall sleep. Big brother gets hysterical if I am not in the room while...
First off, let me clarify that the unconditional/gentle parenting model is not a permissive model. Aha Parenting has a great article on this.   Let's take the sandbox situation above. In Alfie Kohn-land you absolutely would intervene and not allow the boy to hit the baby. But, rather than forcing an apology or a secluded time-out, the caregiver would take a "time in" with the child and find out the reason behind the action and then coach the child to address that...
Family bed...DS1 starts on a floor bed across the hall then comes in with us when he wakes up (doesn't STTN).
We have a 1 week old newborn (DS2) and a 19-month old (DS1) and so far things are off to a good start with two-under-two, but we are a bit concerned about the NB waking up DS1 when he cries in the middle of the night. I latch him on as quickly as possible, but we are still working out some latching issues so it can take a few minutes. Also, NB hates peeing and diaper changes and wails through that. Do older kids just eventually learn to sleep through sibling cries or...
I am so sorry you went through this. The OB that delivered my son did and said some insensitive and un-aprroved things during his birth and I just couldn't bring myself to work on the complaint letter until he was about 7 months old. When I finally did it, getting the response back was a healpful thing. Even if nothing distinct ever came of it, I felt like I had done my part to help this dr's boss know (and to let the dr know) so that perhaps other women could have a...
An RE would likely tell you that the most effective time to take progesterone, if needed, is before you even get a BFP--so right after ovulation. That is helpful to women dealing with IF already until monitoring, taking pills, etc., but not helpful for the average woman. Once a pregnancy is detectable, it is unclear if supplementation helps. Many OBs do have women take it if a level tests low as a preventative measure, but I don't know that it has been proven that "late"...
My dad mentioned to me that people think DS is a girl at the park sometimes because of his amber necklace and GN clothing. He was sharing an observation, not making a judgement (thank goodness). My response was, "Eh, people can think what they want. It doesn't really matter to me if others think he's a boy or a girl. He seems happy enough with the way he looks."
We did BLW, so we've never cut food small (save for whole nuts and grapes). We give it more in stick shape so he can have some to grab and some to munch on. If he takes too big a bite, he spits it out (after chipmunking it for a little bit) then breaks it smaller. I think it is just one of those things that you let your child expirement with and then decide based on that.