or Connect

Posts by **guest**

Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move 1. Your 2 year old doesn't need tons of candy. Put it in a bowl and make it *family* candy. She most likely won't care, and getting your kids in the habit of sharing pretty much every thing they have with each other will just make things easier in the long run. 2. It sounds like both of your kids had a lot of fun, even though the day didn't go the way you wanted it to. Focus on the fun they had rather than...
Quote: Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 oooooh..okay. I thought you meant me! I was all...OMG is what I did WRONG somehow?!?!?!! hey, i didn't do anything wrong either!
Quote: Originally Posted by starlein26 Are you asking if punishment, any and all, is a form of withdrawal of love or if withdrawal of love is a good form of punishment? if punishment, any and all, is a form of withdrawal of love
do you agree? why? why not? (i'd like to hear good arguments )
thanks. i looked up celiac's and even though she doesn't have most of the symptoms, they do say that it can be even asymptomatic. and she does have brown spots on her front teeth, which could be tooth discoloration they are talking about. how do i convince a family doc to do the blood test? they keep telling me that she is all normal, as she doesn't have any other symptoms. i'd like to try the gluten free diet--she already eats very little gluten on a regular...
[QUOTE] Quote: Originally Posted by melissel Man, I have so been there. I WAHM, so by the end of the day I am wiped out and need to get some steady work done. What about the "I'll be right back" routine? T i will try this, thanks. i sort of did it last night, but we were both already frustrated at that point. she IS tired enough...i can see it in her body; she IS ready to fall asleep. but she is very strongwilled, and if she decides she...
mine are 5 and almost 3 and both enjoy it. though we just got it. the almost 3 year old builds a lot with it, keeps on adding tubes, and enjoyes himself. DD likes to have the structure built, and then she plays in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by peachweenie We have a family bed also with my almost 5-year old son. I just go ahead and turn off the light, lay down next to him and close my eyes. He wouldn't like it if I tried to leave either - he's going through a fearful stage right now. Sometimes I fall asleep too, but other times I just get up when I hear his sleepy breathing. He sleeps very soundly when he first falls asleep so I also use this time to trim his...
Quote: Originally Posted by sebandg'smama Books on cd were helpful for my ds. We only used them at nighttime so that they were really special. thanks. just to clarify--we have a family bed, so DS is already asleep when DD is still awake and wants me next to her. edit: we are talking right now about her fears about being alone there, and we will see if we have solutions...
the bad breath in the mornings (not teeth related, we checked) has started, on and off, when she was about 2.5. in the last months it is almost every morning. she also had soft stools for years--not diarhea, though. she's been complaining too about feeling nauseous after she eats just a bit, a couple of spoonfulls. but she is a big drama queen, so i'm not entirely sure she is not coming up with this because *i* had talked about my nausea while i was in the first...