or Connect

Posts by ShadowMom

Well, I'm all about not trying to control someone's actions unless it's directly harmful and they need a boundary.  So I honestly wouldn't do anything.   I'd talk to my child afterward, though, and find out what she was feeling and why.  But that's more about being aware of emotions and helping to deal with them.  If she talked about being uncomfortable I might ask why or help her to put words to what she's feeling.
I got my Diva Cup a few weeks ago and am using it today for the 2nd full day. I am already so in love with it... I am a fluffy mama and I have problems with pads because sometimes if I started to get up and then sat back down (which apparently I do quite a lot and didn't realize it) bad things would happen with squishes. I do have to say - the first couple of times taking it out, I really HIGHLY recommend doing it in the tub if possible. I don't think my cat will...
Just wanted to let anyone know who is interested that we are reading "My Father's Dragon" and it is a HUGE hit. I may go ahead and get the other two in the series. I had NEVER heard of that book before so I'm really glad for the suggestions! I've already bought several suggested in this thread from the used book store and will be getting more... I : reading to my son... isn't it silly that I am so glad that he likes something just because I liked it so much as a...
ITA with the other mamas. My DS is 5.5 years old now and I remember the days when he would only nap in arms so fondly. : Babies are so hard, but so cool!
These are hilarious... My son's only mispronunciation that I can think of in relation to music is that he calls Michael Jackson "Michael Jackshon". Love reading these, though.
This is off the topic a bit, but have you other mamas had problems with these older fiction books having inappropriate content with them? I was just curious because I picked up My Father's Dragon at the bookstore (looks perfect for my 5yo!) and in the first page it talks about the mother whipping the boy. I can easily skip that part but it seems like a lot of books for children which are not recent have this issue... Beatrix Potter books look good but they are...
I think the problem is a lack of critical thinking skills. It's missing from many areas of human lives and many people simply don't have them. That is one benefit of education - whether self taught or formal - you are bound to learn a bit about critical thinking. Many people simply don't understand how to think critically about topics. Of course, all critical thinkers can and do make errors of judgment. The area of food and what to eat is highly subjective and...
I think you could adapt Alton Brown's couscous pudding recipe, and make bulgur pudding... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html I'm going to try making this bulgur breakfast porridge this weekend: http://hopeinthekitchen.blogspot.com...-porridge.html HTH. Bulgur is a wonderful thing. :
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama Sorry, didn't mean to offend you! I do find your thinking on this unusual and I'd be very interested in understanding what's behind it. That is all. Sorry : I was being oversensitive... I didn't mean that I wanted to avoid ALL books that had been made into movies... but the books that have been made into movies recently, and were pretty popular - DS is familiar with a lot of them, and has seen snippets of...
Quote: Originally Posted by reillys_mom This is a challenge and developmental opportunity for ds. It goes beyond going to the farm, where he will surely learn something. By going to a different place with his class he is working on independence, responsibilty, listening, being safe all within the safety of a class trip. This. By all means go if you have the opportunity to just because you will have fun - but at 5, I think it's OK to let go...