or Connect

Posts by ShadowMom

Oh, another clover planter! I'm going to plant clover as well. Currently I have a yard jammed with stickers, and those REALLY HURT DS when they get stuck in his foot, this can't possibly be any worse. However, we generally wear shoes outside ('coz of the stupid stickers) so I plan to keep us in shoes with our clover as well. Although running barefoot through clover sounds really neat. I read online that if the flowers bother you, keep it mowed so that you...
My DS talked CONSTANTLY at age 4... he still talks a lot at age 5. It's very cute, although sometimes I wish I could go more than 15 seconds without him wanting to talk to me. And now that he's older, he can totally tell if I'm not paying 100% attention too. He has the funniest things to say sometimes, I wish I could furtively videotape him.
There are hundred or thousands of reasons why everyone does not "go organic". I suppose I can speak for only myself... 1. I like to eat locally when possible; lots of local food is organic. 2. I don't trust the label "organic". This term does not seem to necessarily equal what I look for in an ingredient. I especially don't trust the "organic" items I find at the larger food stores (which is all my city has). But even at the store, I don't take it for granted...
Good grief. I only have one child, I can only imagine what it's like to go shopping with two or more! For me, if DS wants to sit in the big cart basket, he can, I just remind him to stay seated. He's 5 and he's really too big to sit in th eseat of the cart, I can't get him out easily and it kills my back. It's much easier in the main cart compartment because I can swing his legs to the side when getting him out. I mean, honestly, virtually everything is unsafe to...
Hi there! I'm from Wichita as well. I'm GD/AP and failing rather spectacularly at natural family living at the moment. I found out yesterday I will need someone to watch my DS for 2-3 days during the week while I'm working for this summer. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding someone? I would really prefer an individual person... strongly prefer someone who is GD. I haven't ever used a babysitter of any kind for DS before so I don't know how to find...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyBear I'm on the south side of Wichita MommyBear, do you know of any AP or GD type moms in south Wichita (or reasonably close) who would be willing to do daycare for 2-3 days a week for the summer? I just found out yesterday afternoon that I will need someone... I just have one child, a 5 year old. It would be great if I could find someone who is GD and AP friendly, I haven't had to use childcare before like...
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdymom I just watched this on youtube, hilarious!! the icing was grey, :Puke: . Have you seen the one where she dresses up like Cher? That's online too. omg had to come back and tell you all to ook at the "italian topiary" episode on youtube. my DH asked if she was a parody of Martha Stewart. I just went to youtube and watched the Kwanzaa cake too... wow... just, wow...
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye I love Giada, and everything I have ever cooked from her shows or cookbook has been delicious. I totally ENJOY watching Sandra Lee, but would never cook or eat anything on her show. I just like how over-the-top/Desperate Housewife she is with her tablescapes and specially decorated kitchen for each show. I think she is nuts in a fun way. I heard that she had a very poor upbringing and had to take care...
Mama, first of all, consider this: I have never seen any compelling evidence of any kind which shows that we can control our child's body type. I include weight as a part of body type. Also - I think we do a LOT more damage to children by WORRYING about their weight (and commenting on it, acting as if they are not OK, putting them on diets, making them feel guilty, etc.), than their weight actually does to them. I'm not saying you are doing this, mama, at all, just...
There are two problems here - where should SHE go to the bathroom, and where should she be when HE goes to the bathroom. I can understand his discomfort. There are some situations where it is not safe for your dd, most likely, to be out there while he's using the restroom (at a festival or something). (jmo) As far as the discomfort of the other men, who cares? I'm sure it makes people uncomfortable that I bring my 5yo boy into the women's room, and I could care...