or Connect

Posts by ShadowMom

I lay with my 5 yo while he goes to sleep. For my 5 year old, he is not at a place where I think is ready to put himself to put bed yet. He seems to rely on those times as a way of connecting with me. I rely on them a bit too, it's a time for me to make sure I tell him I love him, I'm proud of him, and just say a couple of things, you know, it's easy for me to forget to do those things during the rush of the evenings sometimes. I can completely understand your...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamadelbosque IDK, what do you need it for? If your just needing it to blend things to a smoth texture (pumpkin, butternut, etc) I'd go with a blender. I dont' have a food processor and really dont have a desire for one... The only thing that I can see it doing is quickly/easily dicing/slicing veggies.. and I can do that just peachy fine by hand. I do have a blender (vitamix), mostly for making salsa (from canned tomatoes),...
I do a LOT of cooking from scratch and there have been several times recently that I haven't been able to make something because it calls specificaly for a food processor (which I don't have, and I would only want to get if I really NEED one, and I'm not convinced I do). I don't have a blender either (it met with an untimely demise earlier this year). Then there are those neat immersion blenders which look like they do something similar, except they're around the...
Quote: Originally Posted by gingerstar In the example of the gym coach, I think that falls under "no-one should touch you where your bathing suit covers, except perhaps toileting help by parents, or the doctor when mommy and/or daddy are with you" - we just explained that some parts of our bodies are private and not to be touched by anyone except very specific circumstances. I would take that a step further and say that no one should touch her...
I read this book a few years ago and re-read Chapters 1 and 2 for this discussion. There is one thing that bothers me upon re-reading which I would like to bring up, and that is his focus on men as perpetrators of violence. I think that with the way the book portrays things, you would get the impression that women hardly ever commit acts of violence, it's men. I am not sure that I totally buy that. Women may commit violent acts less often, but there's a story in...
Oh, also, maybe you could shop at one of those stores that has a "car cart" where she sits in the car part at the front of the shopping cart? Not sure if you have one of those int he area. Unfortunately, you'll be hosed if you go to a store like that and someone is already using all of the car carts.
Could she have a cart her own size to shop with? Like a toy one? Maybe you should take her when you think she'll be hungry, and give her something to munch on at the store? Could you walk with her to the checkout area when you first get there, and tell them you can't lift your DD because you're pregnant and can they please put her in the cart for you? Could you get a little stepladder and she could use it to climb into the cart? Once in the cart you could give...
What I look for - either a shared interest (cooking, knitting, reading, etc.) or else someone who shares their personal experiences that I can relate to. Some humor doesn't hurt. If we're talking single parenting specific, reading about someone else who is going through the same things or similar things (not enough money, frustrated with the system, the evil ex, how hard it is, etc.) can be helpful. As far as the most recent posts in this thread go - I saw a blog...
Now, why is this int he Dental forum? Does bone broth have something to do with dental health? Inquiring minds MUST know.
This is me right now. I would love to have another child. However, I'm divorced now. Even if I remarried, I would want to stay home with a baby, but I wouldn't want to be financially dependant on a man ever again. So I don't see it happening. It really saddens me, though. I would love to give DS a little brother or sister, and he would love it too. I love babies and when there's one at work I always go and ask if I can hold them. I also, though, feel a bit...