or Connect

Posts by ShadowMom

Quote: Originally Posted by kaspar hmm, i guess i'm the only person here who considres her breasts sexual? (and i like them that way!) otherwise why would we have them when we aren't lactating? You consider you consider your breasts as sexual is because of our culture. There are many cultures where breasts are simply not considered sexual. As for "why would we have them when we aren't lactating", hopefully you are being facetious? ... it...
Quote: Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae I thought she couldn't swim either... but then it showed her thinking something and slowly stopping her feet from kicking. She just stopped trying. And seeing that she tried to drown herself in the tub, I wouldn't put it past her now. I just don't see what drove her to suicide all of a sudden. Well, she has severe hypothermia, which is not the same thing as drowning. With hypothermia you would be so cold...
Well... let's think about it... everything that is inherently female has been either denigrated by our culture, or taken over by the medical community. Breasts are OK as long as they are subjugated and twisted into sexual objects - objects that exist for male pleasure. It's when they are used for something scary - something only women can do - that the disgust, denigration and overpowering happen. This is not just men... women do this too. The culture...
Mama, it does not sound like you and your DP are on the same page with discipline. You WILL butt heads over your son, he WILL act in ways neither of you likes. That's just a fact of life. There is a 100% chance that he will sometimes act horribly in terms of what people expect, that's part of being a kid. If you DP says he's going to bust his butt, maybe it's time to have a serious discussion right now about how you plan to discipline your child. Because mama,...
I'm so glad for this thread. Almost the same exact thing happened to me several nights ago. DS just was not tired and *I* felt he should be winding down and go to bed (bad mama point #1). He kept wanting to nurse and nurse and nurse, and I just cannot stand the feeling of him nursing a lot of the time, it completely grosses me out (horrible mama point #2). I got mad at him and didn't want him to nurse anymore. He got just furious... and soooo violent, kicking and...
Consider this scenario : You tell the person you'll accept the counter offer. They come out, take a look at the vehicle, and decide they don't want it. Now you're back in the same boat you were in. From my experiences selling things to people, almost no one who tells me that they want something sight unseen ends up buying the product when they see it. The person probably just got swept up in it. It sounds to me like they have never even seen the car, if they had...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ex Libris Thanks for the replies. I think I'll continue to nurse him to sleep, as most of you suggested. And KristiMetz, you're right, it will be a bumpy ride. (And with no help, unfortunately--ds screams if dh gets anywhere near him to help at night ). We already tried two nights of no nursing--the first one went fine and the second was horrible. Then I found out his teeth were finally coming in, so I stopped the...
I'm not sure how many times your son nurses during the night, but one way I helped to resolve the issue was to nurse him laying n my back. Basically, when my left side starting getting sore all day long (from laying on it at night), at night I would lay on my back and pull him over to my ride side. I don't know how much milk he got that way, but he seemed happy enough with it and still nurses that way. If you think he is still getting a lot of his nutrition at...
Just based on my experiences recently with my 3 year old, I think it would be easiest to nurse him to sleep, and then no more nursing until the morning. It really depends a lot on the child, how much they're nursing, etc. how they will respond to it. If I didn't nurse my DS to sleep, he would NEVER sleep! He will sleep when he's with the ex during the day without nursing, but if I'm in his presence he has to nurse to sleep. So, I think it would be a lot easier on...
Quote: Originally Posted by OGirlieMama I'm tired of women being assaulted. : I know that sounds so flip, but I am. It makes me so sad. And it makes me sadder that we've heard so much about it that our hearts can sometimes become hardened to the pain of other women. I had never heard any discussion about sexual abuse survivors being averse to BFing, but of course I can see the connection. I do not think (and I sincerely hope) that is not the issue in...