or Connect

Posts by Latonya

This forum really helps me alot. My son is 27 months old and he too is a late talker. I have exhausted myself by pointing to everything in sight and talking to him all day. He is so energetic and friendly, yet he wont even let me know that he wants juice!!! I am waiting for this "explosing" to happen. He is seeing someone who is helping him with his speech. Sometimes I wonder if I am just worrying too much. My husband seems to think so.
Thanks! Will do.
I recently had my child assessed and  was advised that he was in the autistic spectrum. They wanted me to come back, because my child was tired and extremely irritable, which may have been the reason for his low scores. I had a second opinion, and they informed me that although Micah is delayed in his speech, they didn't feel that he has autism. This is very confusing. On one end, I can see some signs, but on the other, he plays, laughs and is quite affectionate. What...
 Okay, LROM, you are scaring me. At two, my son can sometimes be a little terror and I don't want to think that this is going to be his attitude! lol. But, of course, I understand what you are saying as well. My son was almost 4 months preemie, and while I do think that his social skills are a little behind, the Dr's also state that he is chronologically only 20 months old. I have set up a play date for Saturday, and hope all goes well. As a new mom, sometimes you think...
I am a first time mom who feels extremely guilty about not putting my child in daycare. He is now 2, and I feel that had I put him there a bit earlier, he would have better social skills. While I am greatful to be able to stay at home with my little Micah, I just feel that being around children a little more would be better for him. I am going to take the many suggestions and start having playdates. I see so many children who are in daycare who are much more advanced...