or Connect

Posts by saritabeth

I have to bust mine out and try it again. I am 5'1 and I prefer my mei tai. I feel like I can get my babe closer to my body. I wore him (23 lbs) for hours yesterday, but my lower back is a bit sore....I think because I am so short I have a hard time getting my babe as close to my body as I would like. But I also think I just have a preference towards the tie on carriers.
Quote: Originally Posted by YumaDoula When I said "write" I meant that I journaled. Confidentiality and all. I wouldn't encourage you to go into too many details on here. Recently I saw a doc cut a cord while only the head was out on the perineum, and although that labor was LOVELY, seeing the doc do that was traumatic for me, as well as what the doc did postpartum. Oh no, I got that. Journaling is a great suggestion. Lots of good...
Okay, just a few things to respond to. Obviously pitocin is a medicated birth...But the distinction I was trying to make was that she had a pitocin birth without pain medication. sorry if that was unclear. As far as the apgar scores are concerned....I think they were hasty with the apgar of 0. I really don't think He had been born a full minute when given an apgar of 0. But, that isn't my call to make. My personal opinion....I would have like to have seen...
Quote: Originally Posted by twinalicious I spoon fed homemade baby food, I never bought jarred food, it's gross! But now my dc are 11 mo and refuse anything from a spoon, they are totally self fed. I don't think one is better then the other or one is bad and one isn't! I think it is to each is own and every kid is different... thankfully or else this would be a pretty boring board. yeah that's pretty much what we did too.
I am a birth doula and had a really challenging situation arise for me. Baby is fine in the end. I don't want to get into the full story of their birth (to respect the privacy of the family), but I just want to talk about the effects it had on me. the general background: long unmedicated labor in hospital with the use of pitocin. When the baby was born the cord was wraped around his neck twice....he was very blue and very very limp at birth...practically no...
Quote: Originally Posted by courtenay_e I have a "partner" (actually another mdc mama), but we work it differently. We are on call all the time for our "own" clients (meaning the ones we find, and they pay us 100% of our fee)...but we are also always on call as backup for one another. We don't charge one another for the backup thing, we just share the fact that we support each other. I know that if I have a weekend getaway planned and my clients know...
oooh could you share more about the PTL and mag sulfate? How is your facility treating PTL now?
I think the mother baby seperation change is a great topic. It would probably be rather easy as well. There are lots of documented reasons why mothers and babies should stay together, esp. post op. My experience of c/s births is a bit different. Both times my baby was assessed in the OR and then given to my husband and brought to me while they were still working on me. My kids were both healthy at birth and didn't require extra care. I also got to spend over an...
Thanks for all the ideas...please keep them coming! This last birth has been very challenging for me. I really felt that I could have offered them very good support that was in line with what they have wanted all along. I also knew that they didn't really know what they were in for and how much help I could have provided them. They weren't especially interested in discussing options or how I could help them, so I wasn't going to push the issue. I did validate their...
I love the mirena. My insurance coverd it 100% and it is more effective than a tubal...and it is reversable. I have two babies that were FAM babies. My periods are too irregular. I know it is an excellent method for a lot of people, but it just didn't work well for me. I have had some break through bleeding with the mirena, but otherwise, I have really really liked it.