or Connect

Posts by Ruthiegirl

No spend day, mostly because we have been super lazy and have loafed around the house all day.          No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending     November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 November 5 November 6 November 7
Dh leaves for a 5 day trip tomorrow.  He took the kids to the pool for some dad-and-the-kids time.  $10 for the pool fee.  I am headed to the grocery store later.  My goal is $125 for a week's worth of food.    Meal plan for the next week:   7 dinners:  lentil soup, bean and rice bowls (2 meals), roast chicken (2 meals), turkey meatballs and pasta, leftovers lunches:  packed sandwiches for school, pasta and sauce for the little ones, rice and beans, eggs breakfasts: ...
 Thanks for this.  I think it will have to wait.  We are sharing a duplex on the steepest, shadiest lot you have ever seen.  And we have the worst infestation of poison oak.  Three of the four kids have been on prednisone to combat the blisters and weeping sores.  We are all clear right now (well, dh has a small patch from raking leaves last week) and I just don't want to spend much time in the yard.  Someday, I will have a hugeass garden again, but for now I am with...
 I am sorry to hear of your loss.  Thinking of you now and come back when you are feeling up to it. 
Ahhh...thanks.  You are right.  I am working with less than ideal resources.  I am just so achey for a house and garden right now.  The rains have come and our little place is starting to feel crazy small this week.  I know the faster we can accumulate cash, the faster we can go house hunting.  So, I am combing through our budget looking for places to shave a little more.  Even with a less than perfect tools, I think we can do a bit better in the food department.   I have...
 I posted before I saw this....fantastic!   Wow...I am really behind the curve.  You guys are inspiring.
Starting the month with a no-spend.  I would love to go grocery shopping, but after seeing FillingMyQuiver's budget and digging through a few low-budget food blogs, I think I can really lower our food budget.  If I could knock ours down to $900, I would have an additional $1200 next year for our down payment.  That's huge!   Even better, spending $800 a month would mean $2400 next year.  Seeing it written like that really brings it home for me.    I am going to scrape...
 Oh hun, this is crummy news.  How is your husband feeling? 
 Okay, $625 is seriously amazing.  Even if that number doesn't include meat, it is crazy good.   I need to do better with our food budget.  I wonder if I could drop it to $900 this month and still make it work?
Ahhhhhh....a new month.  I don't know why I get so excited at the start of a new month.  Love a fresh start.  So, time for some goals.   November goals:   $1000 grocery/household budget.  This cover everything we eat or consume; shampoo, toothpaste, laundry soap, cat food and litter, food for 6 people and the occasional wine and beer.  This will be extra tough this month, because this needs to cover Thanksgiving as well.  We are hosting 2 maybe 3 people plus our...