or Connect

Posts by Ruthiegirl

Ended a very busy, very fun Halloween night by picking up a couple of roasted chickens at the market for dinner.  We got a bag of salad and some beer and it made a nice meal.  And it was much cheaper than going out which is what we were very tempted to do.    Ending the month on a good note.  It has been a terrific month overall, but I am ready to move on!     No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3 --   12.22...
Oh, thank goodness!   The November thread.  I thought October would never end.      a. Who you are   I am Ruth, mama to my four lovely kids, wife to the ever hard working husband, ruler of this small domain and frugalista.    b. Where you are going (your financial goals)   We plan to buy a house next year, so every extra cent we earn is earmarked for a down payment.   c. How you plan to get there   We eat at home, use less, buy used when we need to and...
Look away, I spent money yesterday.  Took a trip to the pumpkin patch with the kids.  It was fantastic, but I hadn't thought through what it would cost to get 4 pumpkins and take a hay ride and get cider donuts and all of it.  Money spent for a fun day.      No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3 --   12.22 snacks for soccer team October 4 -- 169.00 new windshield for van, 21.00 taxi, 5.00 snacks October 5 -- ...
 That is good to hear.  I feel like I am doing a bang up job of it.  We could tighten up a notch more, but life would start to get really dull.  To get any more efficient, I'll have to start hunting and gathering and that's not really going to happen.  I do miss my old garden though.  I could make a wicked meal from all of our lovely herbs and greens.  Miss those tasty veggies. 
No spend, no spend, no spend!  Oh man, I am so ready to close out this month.  Getting paid once a month is putting a real strain on my patience.        No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3 --   12.22 snacks for soccer team October 4 -- 169.00 new windshield for van, 21.00 taxi, 5.00 snacks October 5 -- 61.00 few groceries, laundry detergent, tp, will need a few more things for this upcoming week October...
So close to the end of the month.  Yesterday was a disaster.  Not really, but we blew a bunch of cash on a crappy meal.  Ds had his last baseball game.  The team had planned an outdoor potluck, but it was threatening to rain, so the party was moved to a sports restaurant.    I guess we could have skipped it, but ds was so crazy excited and the whole team went.  We spent $65 on burgers and 2 beers.  Eating out with 6 people is just crazy expensive.    I tallied up our...
Dh got home late Friday and spent much of the day out with the kids on Saturday.  A bit of money was spent, allergy meds, flowers for our 15th anniversary and he took everyone out for frozen yogurt.  The meds come out of our grocery/household budget.  The flowers and yogurt are extras.    Oh, and dh and I got a movie last night and had a quiet date at home after the kids went to bed.  Man!  That is more spending than we have done is ages!    Not sure about today's...
No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3 --   12.22 snacks for soccer team October 4 -- 169.00 new windshield for van, 21.00 taxi, 5.00 snacks October 5 -- 61.00 few groceries, laundry detergent, tp, will need a few more things for this upcoming week October 6 -- 40.07 gas for van October 7 -- 5.50 tea with dh, 67.18 groceries, mostly meat and fruit for lunches.  October 8 -- October 9 -- October 10 -- ...
I have been having trouble posting too.  My last post is all funky.  I could fix it, but I am tired, so I am ignoring it.    No spend today.  Lovely, easy day with my littles.  While dh is out of town, I am just letting stuff slide a bit -- the laundry is done, the living room is a toy-strewn mess, meals have been simple, but everyone is happy and content including me!      No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3...
No spending today though I am tempted. I have lots of food in the fridge, I can cook. I do not need to order pizza just because dh is out of town. But I really want to. Can you hear me whining? Whaaaaaaa! Sucking it up and putting on a pot of rice. I have a pot of homemade beans in the fridge. Rice and beans is a proper dinner, right? No spend/budgeted spending nono.gif Un-budgeted spending October 1 -- October 2 -- October 3 -- 12.22 snacks for soccer...