or Connect

Posts by Ruthiegirl

no spend/budgeted not in the budget, stupid spending   December 31 -- gas and groceries, 3.00 to vacuum out the van, 18.50 New Year's Eve trip for ice cream January 1 -- January 2 -- groceries January 3 January 4 January 5 January 6 January 7 January 8
No spend today.  We are headed out for a hike and our meals are planned.    no spend/budgeted not in the budget, stupid spending   December 31 -- gas and groceries, 3.00 to vacuum out the van, 18.50 New Year's Eve trip for ice cream January 1 -- January 2 January 3 January 4 January 5 January 6 January 7 January 8
Today is pay day, so I am getting started.  I filled the tank and went to the grocery store.  I picked up things to make dinner tonight and a few odds and ends.  I need to go through my pantry and freezer and do a meal plan, but this should get us through tomorrow.  My in-laws are coming on Thursday and I need to get some things that I know they like to eat.  So, back to the store later this week.    I also scrounged up $3 to vacuum out the van which had really bottomed...
a. Who you are   I am Ruth, mama to 4 kids, wife to my hard working hubby.    b. Where you are going (your financial goals)   We made a huge life adjustment last spring, landed a dream job, sold our house, moved cross country.  We are 6 people living in an itty bitty apartment while we save a down payment.  We plan to start house hunting next summer.   c. How you plan to get there   January is a catch-up month for us.  Our credit card got some serious use in...
Well done Sweetsilver for holding steady through December.   This is the hardest month for me and my budget shows it.  We had an awesome holiday with planned spending and unplanned as well.  I am going to wrap up the month and start anew when we get our January paycheck, which may be as early as tomorrow due to the New Year holiday. 
budgeted not in the budget, stupid spending   December 1 --  groceries December 2 -- took advantage of cyber Monday deals to pick up a couple of Christmas gifts, 17.64 supplies for school project December 3 --   Oi! Embarrassing lack of discipline December 4 -- December 5 -- December 6 -- 5.70 library fines December 7-- 39.98 sleds, groceries December 8 -- gas for van, supplies for school project December 9 -- 14.25 trip to the swimming...
Damn these creative school projects.  DD goes to an awesome school where projects are a big deal.  She is doing great work, studying hard and her mind is being stretched and molded.  She loves it, I love it for her, and I am spending and spending buying paint and materials for complicated and fabulous costumes and models and books.  Honestly, it is a terrific problem to have, just not so good for my no-spend challenge.    And I completely folded yesterday  and got a...
We do a Christmas ornament, chocolate, an orange, socks and a small toy. Toys include mini Lego figure for the older boys, new earbuds for my pre-teen dd, and a little truck for the youngest. I tend to buy good wool socks, so spend about $20-25 on each stocking. Of course, I haven't actually bought any of this stuff. My Christmas mojo is seriously lacking this year. And we are shut down for another snow day here. My fingers are crossed that we get a good melt and I...
Day 5 of snowmaggedon.  No, not really, but our new town is completely unprepared for 6 inches of snow and the town is still shut down.  Another snow day here.  I am running out of ways to keep my kiddos happy!   We have sledded again and again and been to the library and the pool and built towers and race tracks and baked and made art and watched way too many movies.  I am determined to make today a no-spend day.    budgeted not in the budget, stupid...
 Thanks Melissel.  Yes, dealing with a death puts everything on hold for a while.  I have money to pay for the ticket thankfully and I can stay with family when I get there.   I am thankful I had the opportunity last June to see my grandmother before she became bed ridden.  She lived a long, wonderful life, so really this isn't a sad time.