or Connect

Posts by Ruthiegirl

Dh filled the tank yesterday.  We could have gone a few more days, but he is so weird about the gas level dropping below 1/4 tank.  I guess it is his security blanket.    Home with sick kids, so no spending.     No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 -- 24.64 groceries/household November 7 --...
Spent a glorious morning at the DMA (slight sarcasm) and got our van registered in our new state.  I underestimated the cost and was a bit shocked to write a check for $194.00.  I'll need to spend a few bucks tomorrow to mail the old plates back.    The budget is still holding though, so no complaints.  The grocery budget is solid and we are eating good meals, so my new, lower budget is certainly feasible.  Just kind of riding along right now.   I have more than half of...
Quick grocery trip for more produce, milk and beer for dh.    No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 -- 24.64 groceries/household November 7 -- November 8 -- November 9 -- November 10 -- 149.65 groceries, desks and lamps for the boys, 36.63 lunch November 11 -- 12.75 ice cream for...
Kids had the day off yesterday and we went out for ice cream.    No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 -- 24.64 groceries/household November 7 -- November 8 -- November 9 -- November 10 -- 149.65 groceries, desks and lamps for the boys, 36.63 lunch November 11 -- 12.75 ice cream for...
Big spending yesterday.  Picked up two desks, shelves and lamps for the boys.  IKEA had the perfect set-up and the price was right.   I have looked around for second hand stuff for the past few months and the selection has been crap.  And what is it with the mark up at the second hand shops lately?  Good grief.    Did the grocery shopping, too.  I will probably need to pick up a few more food items.   I just didn't buy enough food yesterday and we have all ready eaten...
Another no spend here, though I am gearing up to spend some money this weekend.  My boys need a better place to do their homework, so we are going to take a trip to IKEA this weekend and get them some cheap desks.  Probably will be a couple hundred dollars for 2 desks, lamps and a couple of shelves. I should have done this ages ago, just getting around to it finally.  Of course, if we go to IKEA we will probably stop for meatballs at the cafeteria.    And my kids are...
No spend planned for the day.    No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 -- 24.64 groceries/household November 7 -- November 8 November 9 November 10 November 11     Goals for November:   Groceries 182.44/900.00 Gas 1/2 tanks Register Van ~ 150.00
Forgot that I was to bring snacks for ds's class this week.  Bought snacks and diapers.    And I scraped up another few bucks to send to savings increasing this month's contribution to 35% of our take home pay.    No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 -- 24.64 groceries/household November...
Made a quick stop in Trader Joe's for some fruit and milk.  Can't believe we are out of fruit all ready!  My kids can power through produce.   No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- 60.07 gas for van November 5 --   28.73 groceries November 6 November 7     Goals for November:   Groceries 157.80/900.00 Gas 1/2 tanks Register Van ~ 150.00
The van was running on gas fumes, so I filled it up.  I plan on filling it only twice this month.  I would like it to be once a month, but I can't quite get it there.  I like to think that we don't drive that much, but we do a lot of back and forth with the kids' activities.    No other spending planned.    No spend/budgeted spending  Un-budgeted spending   November 1 -- November 2 -- 10.00 pool,  129.07 groceries November 3 -- November 4 -- gas for...