or Connect

Posts by mama2sully05

You'd be surprised though at how small one serving of a protein or whole grain actually is. I know its hard to imagine what a portion should look like since we're all so used to the super-sized portions in restaurants.  I graze all day long...keeps my blood sugar regulated that way, and I don't get nauseous or as run-down, and then I'm never overly full or uncomfortable,  just satisfied. :)
Honestly, my advice is to let it happen naturally. As your milk supply diminishes, which it will because of your pregnancy, your child will slowly wean. My toddler was a nursing fanatic just a few short months ago...then I hit the halfway point of the pregnancy, and the frequency of nursing really started dropping off, and now he is completely self-weaned. You're not due until April...give it until at least 20 weeks or so and see what happens. You might be pleasantly...
Oh Avery, so sorry to hear that your dad was so hurtful! I cannot imagine my dad ever saying anything so cruel to me. Thankfully, it sounds like your husband is a good man!   As far as the Brewer diet, here it is: http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id96.html   ...and a nifty print out to put on your fridge to help you keep track day after day: http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id89.html   The diet is proven to produce healthy babies and pregnant moms...
bporte00, I'm in a very similar situation, but I'm writing to give you some hope! We're expecting DS #2 in late Dec., and DS #1 is currently 20 months old. DS #1's sleeping and napping habits are pretty much exact to your DD's...except he's now weaned. I didn't even have to consciously wean him. As my pregnancy has progressed, he's gone from wanting to nurse every hour all night long, to less and less frequent overnight, to only nursing when he first woke up, right...
THIS. OH YES...this would be PERFECT, if my MIL ever said anything rude about my kiddos being mama's boys (which she wouldn't...she had 3 boys of her own...she knows what its like in the trenches! Boys love their mamas!)
If your doc or midwife isn't concerned, I wouldn't freak too much. My first pregnancy, I had difficulty gaining because I was sick ALL. THE. TIME. I didn't really start putting on the pounds until the 3rd trimester, when the nausea and vomiting vanished and were replaced with unbearable heartburn...which also made eating difficult. I still had a healthy 7 lb, 10 oz. baby. Its not always how much you eat, but the quality of what food you do eat, that makes a difference...
I guess here's my take on things...   I used to have a group of "friends" where we hosted playdates at our houses each week on a rotating basis. My child followed my rules at their houses (I guess I could be considered "strict," but I call it "having reasonable, age-appropriate expectations," which is, frankly, healthy. I don't scream, yell, hit...but I do model by example and expect my child not to be a complete out-of control demon.) Anyway, my "friends" were all...
Agreed! Clearly, having successfully had a VBAC before, you're still a great candidate! Can't believe they flat out dropped you. Its stressful shopping around for a new care provider...don't we have enough to worry about already?
Blastomom, don't blame you for not letting hubby near you until he's had the big V! DH and I talked about that very same thing at dinner last night...when we are done having children, he is going to have to have the big V done as well if he wants to even breathe in my general direction. lol   Congrats, Avery! Love the name! Beautiful!   Update on our baby...we're having another BOY! Yes, a name is picked out, but we won't be sharing until he arrives!
Yeah, you definitely don't need that! Your questions and concerns should be answered thoroughly, with care and compassion. Good luck in your search! As of right now, I have two consultation appointments in the next couple of days with two potential midwives. Both have a LOT more experience (and already seem much more down-to-earth and approachable) than my current midwife, and both showed a lot of promise!