or Connect

Posts by MamaToLance

Hi ladies, I've decided I'm too much of a lurker : and should start posting more often. I love this site and have learned so much from the more experienced mamas. Your little ones are all so adorable! Lance is 8.5 mos, and DH and I were just talking about how he'll be 1 in less than 4 mos. The time has gone far too fast. Lance is learning to crawl slowly, more of a commando belly crawl than anything. He'll go much faster if he sees something he wants, but has also...
It is much the same at our house, no routine to speak of. Most nights I have my little one (8 mos.) in jammies around 7, but that's not set in stone either, and he usually plays until I can tell he is tired then I nurse him on the sofa, he falls asleep in my lap, I'll watch some tv or sit and talk to DH, then we go to bed when we are ready. He'll sometimes wake before we go into bed, but usually gets right back to sleep in 15 or 20 minutes. I'm not one who has had to...
Laura, We have just recently sidecarred our crib and it is working out great, granted DS (7mos) ends up in bed with me a couple of times a night. I'm a very light sleeper so I'm awake b/f he even makes a peep most of the time and get him back to sleep very quickly by picking him and gently rocking him or if that isn't enough I'll lay him down and nurse for a few minutes, then gently place him back in the crib once I know he's sleeping soundly. Sometimes this doesn't...
Even API's list says: "If you are a working parent you can practice AP when you are home to help you re-connect with your baby." Without judgment or criticism for those of us who do not have a choice but to work away from the home. No amount of financial planning, downsizing, etc. would make it possible for me to be a SAHM, no matter how badly I want to do so. Signed, A BFing, co-sleeping, fully-attached, FT working mama to one of the happiest little boys I...
If being AP means being anything like the self-righteous OP, I'll opt out now. No one who hasn't stood in my shoes or anyone elses has any right whatsoever to judge. How dare she!!! Signed, A BFing, co-sleeping, fully-attached, FT working mama to one of the happiest little boys I know.
Wow, after hearing the subsequent phone call part of this saga, it sounds like she will never change and there is a possibility that she'd do something like this again if given the chance. I agree with many pps that I would never let her have unsupervised visits with your sons and would question whether any visits at all are warranted until the boys are old enough/big enough to defend themselves. I can't imagine what your sons must be thinking/feeling about what their...
Thanks for the book recommendation TiredX2. I'll look into this book too.
LoveBeads, This too was my thought, but not being an as experienced parent as my sis, I just let it drop knowing I would pose the question here. I'd say my sis is definitely more of an attachment type of parent, although, becoming a Mommy at 19, she didn't have any clear ideas of how she was going to do it except that she would try not to be like our mother. To make it perfectly clear, I know some Mommies know exactly how they want to parent even at 19 or younger, I...
My sister and I were having a discussion re parenting, and I brought up the GD forum. A little history, I am a new mama with a 7 mo old, my sister has a 10 yo and a 5 yo. She has far more parenting experience than I do. However, after reading, researching and lurking and learning here, I know GD is for me. We grew up an a home were spanking, yelling, fighting, etc. was the norm. Personally, in my adult life, I don't tolerate any of the above. I abhor yelling in any...
I am so surprised any mama would disagree with OP. I know how I feel when my DS has a tummy ache or cries for an unknown reason. To be stung 13 times, there is just no way in the world a 2.5 yo did not cry. If *anything* happened to my child I should be called no matter who is watching him. No one but me or DH should decide how serious such an incident is. My mother, let alone MIL would get an earful from me or DH if anything even close this happened and they didn't...