or Connect

Posts by livacreature

Hi, mamas. I am desperately looking for full time care for my 14 month old daughter.  We had found a daycare that we loved.  Their infant teachers were gentle and just amazing.  I always felt confident that she was in good hands and she was happy.  They transitioned her to a toddler class, and it couldn't be more different.  I would like her to be in a gentle environment where there are other children.  My husband and I very strongly believe in being kind and gentle...
I ended a friendship because when I was pregnant a friend who I thought would be happy for me and supportive told me that she was sad that I was not going to the home birth route, even after I explained that due to my medical history I was completely uncomfortable not being in a hospital.  I had defended her when people commented about her homebirth, it was devastating in my first trimester that she couldn't celebrate my child and my birth the way I had hers.  I was...
My girl is seven months now.  We started to supplement with formula because I couldn't pump more than a few ounces a day and I had to return to work full time.  Eventually, I stopped pumping and my supply dwindled completely and she's been on formula for about two months now.  She's still a little bit, in mostly 3-6 month stuff, but 0-3 still fits as long as it doesn't have feet.  She's was in the tenth percentile for height, fifth for weight, and twentith for head size...
Ugh.  Weighed at the doctors office and weighed two pounds more than I did at four months pregnant.  Granted I was still below my pp weight due to hyperemesis, but still.  It made me grumpy.  I'm getting a jogging stroller this weekend.  Any suggestions?
I messaged you
Hey, Cristina!  Welcome back!   Beth: I really hope everyone recovers soon.  It sounds so miserable!   AFM: I'm losing my mind!  In April, I'm taking the whole weekend off to rip carpets out of my house and (hopefully) start painting.  Next weekend, we're going to IKEA to get bookshelves/storage because it makes me queasy to look around and still have boxes of my fine china and books everywhere.  This is the slowest move in history, I swear!  I can't wait to get...
Go Rosemary!   I have been outside with the baby for the past two days.  We walked about five miles yesterday, three today with her in the stroller.  I hate that piece of shit.  I'm going to try to find a jogger this weekend, Once Upon a Child usually has them at reasonable prices.  I can't even go at a brisk pace on our sidewalks with the one I have without feeling like I'm rattling her brain.
Dollyanna: Best wishes wrapping up at work and figuring out what's next.     Steph: That is nuts.  Do they want daily contact?  That's just not always practical, especially since your MIL is the conductor of a crazy train.     AFM: SOMEONE CALLED MY BABY CHUBBY!  I'm so proud.  Everyone has always said how little or skinny or whatever she is...of course this was "Is she three months yet?"  Still.  The weather here is so beautiful.  We went for a walk to the...
Baby shoes?  I think they are dumb until they are actually walking around outside.  I was at the bakery this morning and a woman, maybe in her thirties, was acted appalled that baby was just wearing some socks.  There is no purpose for shoes at this point, barefoot is best for the feet when learning to walk from my understanding (not that she is anywhere close, obviously).  Socks serve the function of keeping feet warm.  What do other people do?  Everyone I know just...
The Buy Buy Baby store name really just cuts to the chase doesn't it?