or Connect

Posts by livacreature

I LOVE THE DISH PAN IDEA!  We are migrate eaters, we eat in the basement, we eat in the bedroom, we eat in the living room.  This would also work with bottles.  BRILLIANT!  You seriously made my morning.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to do a deep clean of the house and my butt will be at the store first thing to buy more dish pans (and some new laundry baskets...one basket just isn't cutting it).  Dishes are a big issue for us, we don't have a dish washer and they tend to...
Haven't really used:   Recieving blankets (I sometimes put one on the floor, but go through maybe three a week...out of the dozen plus I recieved)   Crib (she hasn't been in it more than ten total minutes in her entire little life)  At least she'll have a nice big girl bed waiting for her when she's bigger.  it's one of those convertible ones.   Bibs.  I hate them.  I keep a CD insert handy and wipe her mouth with that.  Bibs get in the way.   Toys (at...
Not_telling: Nope, not people with clutter in the background.  Close ups of stacks of paper, shots of my counter with cereal boxes and not-put-away-groceries.  This is the woman who would not let me shower in her house after begging us to stay overnight because she had not put away her clothes in her room and their only working bathroom would require me to walk through it.  But no, taking pictures of my post-partum clutter and mailing them to me AND extended family is...
I've read on several AP blogs that a baby sleeping through the night at three months isn't safe, increasing the risk of SIDS.  I haven't found any primary sources verifying this.  DD has slept through the night (about 8 hours, sometimes more) since about six weeks.  She went from being up about twice a night to sleeping straight.  I tried waking her up to feed at night, but unless she wakes up on her own, she refuses and goes right back to sleep.  About one night a week,...
Facebook: A group or adding would be great, anyone who wants to friend me, just pm and I'll give you my link.  I'm not searchable because of work.   Errands: Right now, DD is easy to run errands with, but having another little person in tow would be totally different.  Especially you know, with that little person moving and such.  I'm a bit nervous about erranding with a mobile little child.  I'm also nervous about bringing her into work for meetings and such when...
Any tips on balancing out mommy preference at this age?  DH is with DD almost as much as I am, when we're both home, we split her care pretty equitably, but in the past week, she just isn't happy when he's taking care of her.  He'll do everything to sooth her, I take her and she stops fussing instantly.  He has historically been the one to put her to sleep at night, but she's just not having it.  Should this pass quickly?  We do things so similar, I wasn't expecting a...
Not sure where your interests lie, but if you are crafty Project Night Night (homeless youth or youth in crisis) or Operation Linus (children who are hospitalized for serious medical issue/nicu) are both fantastic organizations if you do blankets.  A few times a year I do soup kitchen work.  For a while I did some eighth grade mentor work out of schools, which was pretty awesome.  It is fun because you really can focus on cultivating interests (my kids were almost...
They don't have leg gussets, but the legs do fit pretty snug.  I like that you can order just one to check them out and shipping is still free.  I've looked at some of the nicer diapers and can feel a difference, but we haven't had many leaks or anything with these, so I'm happy with them.  Now that they've been in use for a while and have been washed a lot, they are so much more absorbent then when we first started after three washes.
Katico: we had a pipe burst a few days ago.  NOT amused.  There are some many things I'd rather use my homecare dollars for.   Trinket: I'm going to be in a DC suburb for my godsister's birthday in Feburary.  If you wanted to get together for lunch or something, I'm sure I could figure it out!  If not this time, we visit a few times a year.  :)  Let me know!  Also, DD is intrigued by the tv.  DH games a lot with her while wearing her and whenever we put something on...
LaBruja: I'm sorry you are having such a rough time.  :(   Lifeguard: HAHA.  I love that you are relaxed about such things.   Dollyanna: YAY laughter.  It's so awesome!     AFM: Finally packing up newborn clothes and sending them to an expecting friend back home.  I know she was in them longer than most babies, but I'm hating to part with them.  I came across her tiny preemie stuff from her first weeks.  I can't believe how tiny she was.  I had a...