or Connect

Posts by livacreature

Baths: I was inspired by you ladies to have her in the tub with me for a bath instead of her baby tub.  It was so much fun.  We soaked about a half an hour, then put new hot water in the tub for about fifteen more minutes.  She was so smiley.  She did a ton of kicking while floating on her back.  She has also discovered her rubber duck.  <3  When I get off work, I think I might need another bath!  She has always liked bathtime (though not always the getting in or...
On phone keyboard w bia Tummy time: aura loves it in all forms. I might try her on the yoga ball when we go to work later. Tank: good luck starting back! Hip update: it looks good, the doc couldn't detect any dislocating or shifting, so it should only be another month of full time harness. I had my first negative nip response, by some old geezer who first said I should smack my slightly fussy baby, then ccame back to the corner where we were happily nursing to tell me...
Good luck on the move, Amy!  I moved across town when pregnant, I can't imagine across the country with a two and a half month old!  Congratulations!!!!! Edited to add:  I'm at work and I FORGOT MY FREAKING PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  One and a half more hours.  The roads were bad, and I was so fixated on planning my route that I left it next to the door.  I hurt.  Grrrrrr. 
crying: Thank you for the reassurance.  I'm feeling a bit of guilt with work and supplementing with formula and etc. etc, but this made me feel better.  Last night, she was back to her awesome sleeping self.  Except around midnight, I was finishing up a book/watching her in the pack and play, all of a sudden her eyes flew wide open, she let out two or three of her "terror" screams, I put my hand on her belly and she went right back to sleep.  Do babies this young have...
DD will only poop when I'm holding her.  It is odd.  She was playing with my husband all morning, the second I come downstairs and pick her up, she poops.  This has happened everyday this week.  So weird.  She never has pooped when anyone else holds her, and DH holds her as much as I do.   She had a BAD night last night.  I feel for you mamas with babes that aren't into sleep.  She was up four times, each time for about two hours.  She'd settle for about twenty...
Between DH and I, we work 7 days a week, both full time, and have an almost three month old.  While one of us works, the other is home with her.  Three nights a week, I don't get off work until 7pm, not home until 7:30pm.  DH has to get up at 5:30am for work.  He's not totally confident in the kitchen, but is getting better.  When we are both home, we like to spend time the three of us and cooking with the baby alone can sometimes get dicey.  We aren't vegetarians, but...
Beautifulmoon: That is awesome that the store does that.  How cool!  I've never heard of a place doing that.  I wonder if any places around here will do that for the folks I see for financial literacy consulting.  Diapers are always one of the big stresses and most of them don't have the resources to put up the cost upfront.    Babywearing: It depends on the day.  When we are out and about, it can be four-six hours a day.  At home, it is less.  Except when DH is...
I took 3 weeks off before birth and 8 weeks after. I wish I could have worked until the end of pregnancy but it wasn't happening. Honestly, I still feel torn. We both work ft but do all care between us, so it is very busy and tiring. I'm glad not to have my 2 month old in daycare though.
Katico: I love the mantle!  And glittery, festive babies!   Pi: I'd be pissed.  I'm sorry it was your favorite.     TheBoysMama: I'm so glad you and your little one have bonded.  What a wonderful way to start the new year!   Rosemary: Happy anniversary!  Sucks about the hot water heater.   AFM: Aurora is finally fitting in her cloth diaper stash!  I am so excited!  She is in a minky cow print now.  <3  Had I known she'd be in newborn disposables this...
In-law rant #1,000,002   DH was on the phone with them.  "Yeah, Aura's starting to coo back when we talk to her."  Long pause.  "No, of course she isn't talking, she's not even three months old....no,I don't think something might be wrong with her hearing.  She's too young to talk...even a little bit...yes, I'm sure."  They drop it after a few more minutes.  "No, she isn't sitting up yet.  She holds her head up and looks around.  She was rolling before they put her...