or Connect

Posts by MommatoGray

Hi again,   Ok, so what is the negative involved with that?   And is what it is saying then that there was an immune response?
Honestly I still don't know what I feel, so I have nothing of substance to add....   But I wanted to say:   Imakcerka you are awesome!
Again, thanks to all of you for your thoughts!   I think I have made some progress on trying to decide what to do. I am not too worried about my personal reactions to the vaccine. To be honest I have had a lot of shots, I travelled all around the world and of course got everything they recommended - before I knew better. Another thing is that I am not anti-vaccine I think I am more anti-schedule. Not sure what we will do in the future, just knew up till now I did not want...
Thank you for the info! I guess I just need to keep researching! Ugh....wish I could make my decison.   GoGoGirl - there are lots of reasons that have made me pause. If you search the archives you will find lots of info, I started this post because I wanted some current opinions and articles. There is a study that suggests that recieving mmr while nursing can later affect your child when they get their mmr vaccine. 20/25 women in the study had one or more children...
Thanks for the reply! Its true I have not heard of any out breaks....   Mon-measles, I am assumning it stands for monovalent measles.   Should I worry about getting it from my DS, he is not vaxed at all?   Thanks for your help!
Hello ladies,   My DS is 13 months. While I was pregnant they checked titers for rubella, I was non-immune. They told me that when I took DS in for his vaxes they would give me another does of mmr. Well, DS has not gone to the health unit yet, and I did not want to get mmr while nursing. I still don't really want to get it while nursing.   I guess what I am asking is WWYD? I was hoping to just continue nursing and get pregnant whenever, I wanted to be pretty laid...
tammylsmith -  I wish I could just jump through the screen and give you a big hug though, mama, because those ghosts of our culture are hard to fight. I really, REALLY struggled with it, as though leaving my son born the way he was meant to be would cause him problems. The funny thing about those cultural pressures, at least for me, is that they completely evaporated the second I held my son!   You said it wonderfully! That is exactely how I felt - that leaving my...
I would like it as well! cute_girly12@hotmail.com TIA
And here are the "catch up" doses:   Hib:  - between 7-11 months you need two doses two months apart with a booster between 15-18 months         - between 12-14 months you need one dose with a booster between 15-18 months         - between 15-59 months you only need one dose Prevnar: - 7 to 11 months 2 doses, at least 4 weeks apart 1 dose after 12 months of age                - 12 to 23 months 2 doses 2 months apart                - 24-59 one...
Honestly I don't know if I will be a lot of help, but I will share a bit of what we have done. And congrats on your new baby   At first I was not going to vaccinate and to be honest I was making the decison quite blindly. Then at a week old my son got RSV, of course this sent me into a panick. Two trips to the ER later he was fine, and now that I know more about RSV his was really mild. This experience sent me into a furry of activity, reading a lot on MDC and...