or Connect

Posts by lkvosu

Hi all. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and nearly positive that my milk has dried up. DS is 19 months and is only nursing once per day (his choice, not mine) and has been doing that for the last few months. Occasionally he'll ask to nurse before bed, but it's almost exclusively a first thing in the morning routine now.  This pregnancy was a surprise, and we didn't intend to try for another until DS was 2 because I wanted to make certain he got at least 2 years of breastmilk....
I voted "me-time", although that's not entirely accurate. He naps ON me, and always has, so the only thing I can really do s web surf, read, or a little craft. How I would love to clean or sleep during a nap!
Is it strictly an age thing? Is it developmental? I have a 10.5 month old, and although he is definitely mostly baby, I'm starting to see the toddler-ness creep in and I'm wondering at what age I could accurately call him a toddler. Is it different for everyone maybe?   I guess I'm curious how btdt moms define toddlerhood.
My 10 month old pulls similar stunts when he goes to bed too early, usually because we couldn't get him down for an afternoon nap for whatever reason. No advice really, just that I know it's rough! And ds is my only kid, so I'm sure it's even more frustrating for you!
Thanks! I will check that site out.
So, lately I've been really desperate to finally get rid of this last 10lbs of baby weight. I lost some weight initially after ds was born without doing anything - no diet change (although I'm basically vegan and eat very healthy) and very little exercise, but I've been at a stand still for about 6 months or so.  Around then I began exercising pretty regularly, at least 3 times a week, but haven't lost anymore weight, although I have definitely gained some muscle tone...
I think he would fine as long as you kept him out of direct sunlight, dressed him in cool, breatheable clothes, and didn't stay out for too long. I would think an hour or so at the park, in the shade, would be fine. Think of all the babies born into this world who live in really warm climates. They get by ok. I think we sometimes overthink this temperature business. Of course, extremes should be avoided and precautions should be taken, but most weather conditions,...
  ITA  
Ds definitely crawls and gets into everything! It's not that I'm necessarily opposed to telling a 9 month old, it's just that I haven't...or at least I don't remember if I have. I guess I don't use "no" precisely because I don't think he would respond to it. Seems like I would be wasting my breath, kwim? I typically just scoop him up or redirect him if he's doing something I don't want him to do. I realize my posts may have made it sound like I have a holier than thou...
  This is what we did. Also, I used a small pillow instead of my regular big fluffy one. I also wore a sweatshirt with a slit cut across the chest for easy nursing and to stay warm since I kept the blanket down low. After the newborn phase and he could roll over and such, I was not at all particular. We still cosleep and I use my normal pillow and blankets now. He's 9 months.   It really is amazing how aware you are of them even during sleep. I bet you'll know what...