or Connect

Posts by mamanoish

I swore I'd never use a leash, but after my second son was diagnosed with autism, I quickly changed my mind. In public places, he gets over stimulated and it's like he's in a fog. He wanders, looks for random things on the ground and doesn't pay attention at all. It's really hard to keep him with me. He loves going to the zoo and to Seaworld, and without it, it would have been impossible. He's too old for it now, but he used to ask to wear his monkey backpack. He would...
Wow, very interesting!! I suspect my son has a similar gift. He always says he sees our dog who died a few months ago in the backyard and has told me that "heaven" is "right there!" And points to where he's buried in the yard, even though he wasn't even here when DH buried him and we kept it a secret because it was his birthday when he passed. I'm also glad you're accepting of her!
Here is a little background on me. My father was raised in a somewhat abusive Catholic home, my mother a Lutheran home. I was raised with nothing. Neither of my parents brought religion or spirituality of any kind into our home. I have never really believed in God. I've always felt sort of lost and didn't know what to feel so i just didn't consider myself anything. I never pondered philosophy or gave it a second thought really. My husband was raised in a Greek Orthodox...
I've posted a little about something similar I'm my PPD thread. I didn't have a c sec but my first birth was six years ago and very traumatic. After the birth we were separated, i gave up breastfeeding, just tons of stuff that i feel overwhelming guilt over, even six years later. With each subsequent birth where i was able to have a great birth i thought it would be healing, but it only made me feel worse like i failed him. Lately I've been talking to a counselor about it...
I do it all the time. I bring DS to meetings and really everywhere i go. He's extremely laid back and never cries and if he did fuss i just nurse him. I think it should be fine. I brought him to a "no kids" wedding before too but the bride and groom didn't care because they knew I'd be wearing him and nursing.
thank you for the link i will definitely check it out. Today was my second session with this counselor, I read these replies while sitting in the waiting room...she actually did bring up the feelings of loss from the diagnosis. We haven't discussed medication, but I'm starting to wonder if that may be best. As i discussed my fears further, she challenged me to not sleep with my hand on his chest and to gradually space the time I spend checking his breathing. I got...
I had my third son six months ago. He's a great baby, super happy, sleeps well, barely cries...just a joy to have. I have been experiencing pretty debilitating anxiety about him passing away, or just something happening to him in general. I never had these concerns with my 6yo or 4yo. It's to the point now that i just stare at him every chance i get. I occasionally pull over to check him while I'm driving if he's not making noise. I put him down in his play pen to sleep...
I also buy wooden toys from Etsy. And we have a cool Haba baby toy that I got as a freebie when I ordered some wool diaper covers a few months back. He loves it! His favorite thing to play with & mouth are wooden blocks. But Etsy is fabulous for natural baby boys. I have a few squishy liquid filled teethers that I bought for him but he prefers the wood ones.
HAHA that is pretty funny. I have occasionally tried to hand DS my phone while he's squirming and I'm trying to change him. Usually when my 4yo is acting up or on the verge of an insane meltdown I can hand him my phone with the bribe to play some Angry Birds but that doesn't exactly work for a 5 month old.  We're up all night with a teething monster over here, too.
Hi ladies, thanks for your replies. I haven't had time to post but I did want to update on my situation.   Things kind of hit a wall with DH and I and we had a pretty big argument, but laid everything out on the table. I told him how I felt very upset over the bonding issues and since then he has stopped talking about more kids and really stepped up taking the baby and helping with him. I know he loves him. I think I enabled it as well because he NEVER really asked...