or Connect

Posts by Emelee

Hey, just wanted to say congrats to all of you. Not all twins come early, had 41 weekers here. Also we did exclusive nursing, cloth diapering, and babywearing (especially while grocery shopping) . Mainly the cloth diapers to save money and it wasn't hard at all since DD1 was still in diapers too when they were born so just did a little more laundry. Nursing was fine since I already had my toddler nursing so I never even got engorged. You guys are all going to do great....
I nursed a singleton during a twin pregnancy which is different I know but still 3 little people being nourished. Then I tandem nursed all 3 until the singleton turned 3 when I told her we were done nursing and the twins are still going strong at 19 months. No one around me had done it so I was alone on my journey even though I reached out to local LLL. They were supportive but had no resources. I don't now if my milk ever really went away but it did slow down when I was...
I remember how that feels when you just have to eat all day... shoot it still sometimes feels that way when they teeth and nurse like every few minutes all day long! I have no idea if some of the moms are on that group but there is a naturally parenting twins/multiples group which some are a part of since they already had their babies. There's also a gal's blog I used to read who carried triplets pretty much term and breastfed them all. I don't think she had them...
Hi! I have twins, not triplets, but I've heard of several ladies who went anywhere from 35-37 weeks with triplets as well as having them vaginally. I can point you to a great facebook group if you want to pm me that is for multiples. Right now I guess just rest as much as you can and eat LOTS of protein.
When they were teenie I could fit both in one ring sling. Then I moved to 2 ring slings but that didn't last long because by 3 months mine had enough head control that I could put one on my back in the mei tai or in a wrap on my back. I would suggest looking into local babywearing groups as well as looking online. There a some groups on facebook for tandem babywearing. Some gals even wear all 3 triplets at once!!!! Just remember that this time is so so so so short and...
The only thing I can really suggest is to wear both of them if it's physically possible for you. I really think that's what kept my girls from getting flat spots (their older sister did and she was just a singleton so I learned my lesson!). It also helped to keep them from screaming all day and my arms didn't give out from carrying them that way. It allowed me to have some freedom to take care of older dd as well as cook/clean.   I also have the stomach that sticks...
I'm pretty sure fraternal twins comes from the mother's side of the family. My fundal height only measured 3-4 cm ahead the whole time and it was my second pregnancy. That is a pretty big uterus though! Does it feel like 2 in there? Can you palpate the body parts? How much bigger where you measuring with the extra fluid with your other pregnancies? In a similar range as this one? Obviously if your instinct is telling you to go in and get it checked out you should! Let us...
Really I just used the couch most of all if I was tandem nursing. If there was just one then anywhere from the kitchen table, the bed, a bench, etc. I needed a nursing pillow and had a regular boppy plus a twin one which was a lifesaver when they were little. I just couldn't get the hang of only using pillows to prop both of them up.
I had a vaginal birth and used the my belly binder the day after the girls were born. I wore it every day for 8 weeks. It helped with the feelings of my insides flopping around and my stomach shank much faster than after my singleton (no binding). I was going to use a hip shrinking type garment too but I was too hot and too tired to wear it. Thankfully my hip bones are smaller than ever so it wasn't even needed. I have loose skin on my belly with deep stretch marks but...