or Connect

Posts by Emelee

I just recently purchased a babyhawk mei tai and I was curious if it's ok to wear my 3 month old DD with her legs out instead of the newborn froggy position. I tried the newborn position and she hated it and kept trying to straighten her legs and launch herself (she's never liked her legs tucked up EVER). Also, is it alright to wear her on my back at this age? I don't want to hurt her especially since I want to wear her while I clean and go for walks which could be up to...
Hi, I'm new to this thread and I'm completely surprised there are others like me out there!! I've always worn a bra even before I had breasts because my mother was (and still kinda is) very conservative. No headlights were allowed to show and I've always worn under wire. Even when pregnant I wore the tightest bra possible or even two sports bras to keep me from moving. Once I had DD 3 months ago my breasts/nipples hurt too much to even consider wearing a bra and I jumped...
I'm doing almost this exact same thing except I'm moving ahead of DH with DD around March to April and he's moving in June. She will be between 4 months and 5 months old and we'll be going from MO to SC. I'm trying to pack now (when she lets me) and I'll also have 2 cats and 2 large fish tanks. My plan is to tow our car behind the moving truck and keep the cats in there sedated with a litter box/food/water and the fish tanks in there as well (covered so the cats can't...
My DD, 3 months old, always seems to have a stuffy nose as well! She's so far not been sick but I can get huge clumps of dried mucus out and then by the end of the day she's stuffed up again! I'm thinking it must be from a narrower sinus because she doesn't seem to be affected when I eat different foods! I've tried shooting saline, water, or breastmilk up there before suctioning to soften things up but nothing seems to help long term! I hope you find answers because I...
I guess I'm so worried that they won't hire me or even consider me if I don't go out there in a moment's notice. I'm pretty new (as in completely) at getting a professional job so I'm not sure how it all works. If they wanted to fly me out that would be awesome but I can't count on that. My DH is all for me going early and thinks I won't get a good paying job if I even say I need 2 weeks before starting because he thinks the job market is that bad. I know it is around...
I've read almost all the posts and this is interesting since I'm still adjusting to being a SAHM to our first baby who is 3 months. I usually wear some form of yoga/exercise pants because jeans still hurt my leftover baby chub when I sit down to nurse. I do shower every day to every other day including shaving my legs because it drives me wild to have stubble! This means that I have to have DD outside the shower in her bouncer or me somehow holding her inside if DH isn't...
Hello! I am a new mother to DD who just turned 3 months today. I have a BS degree in Microbiology and Biotechnology (but I'm not working nor have I had any real work experience yet since I graduated last May) and my DH and I have discussed moving from MO to SC after we were both done with our degrees. He is graduating this May but I'm looking for a new job out in SC now. The question is, should I move ahead of him with our DD? Should I move before I get a job but have...
Thank you all for your advice and help! DD is sleeping a little better at night but still won't go down unless I'm holding/nursing her which I'm fine with (even if it's WAY later than she's been going to sleep). I obviously want her to be happy and secure which she seems to need right now. I had no idea that a baby of her age could be so clingy even grabbing my clothing and arms! It's kinda cute but she really doesn't seem to want the DH to help...
Thanks Irishmommy!   I was wondering... is there a group or a thread for people trying to do elimination communications/natural infant hygiene? I looked but didn't find one... but I could easily have missed it since I'm just learning my way around. I'm curious about it and need some help getting started (and getting my DH on board with it)! Thanks for any info on the subject!
Thanks so much for responding. I didn't mean to say I was training her to sleep but it was so nice to have a couple hours to myself before I went to bed. I hope that like you mentioned this is the 3 month growth spurt and we can resume our normal routine soon! Even if she has a new routine, as long as I can figure it out it would be better than this! She has been nursing much more frequently day and night and I'm resisting the temptation to supplement with formula even...