or Connect

Posts by Emelee

I just remembered another funny comment that my MIL told me. She loves to tell people I nurse the babies and she got a comment along the lines of "Well they look so healthy for only being breastfed". That was a good one. I'm glad I wasn't standing there when the person said that I probably would have laughed.     Star8kitten-Yeah it is very tough trying to entertain a small toddler when you just want to sleep while the twins sleep. I also think it would be very...
Red Pajama-You're right, I do try to just ignore but this was so ridiculous that I was talking to my DH about it for hours!!   mylilmonkeys-I thanked all the gods when my DD finally started walking at 13 months. I was already 20+ weeks pregnant with the twins and I couldn't wait for her to be on her own 2 feet. I don't know why anyone doesn't want their kids walking, lol.   star8kitten-How close were your Irish twins? I've known several (including my mother and...
I had to share this because I literally didn't know what to say to this woman! I was at the grocery store with DH and each of us had a baby asleep on our backs in the their mei tais. Our elder DD was in the cart. This woman looks over and says, "Oh twins. How sweet. It was like I had twins... no it was like I had triplets! I had a 2 year old, an almost 1 year old, and a newborn. They were so close together the two weren't even a year apart!" Uh.... what? My daughter was...
My twins were very different acting in utero so I felt like I kind of knew their personalities. We decided to have several names for each twin that way when we saw them we could pick from their set of possibilities. Their middle names went with numerous first names so we just kind of stuck with middle names without needing to see the babies. That worked out pretty well and I'm glad we did it that way. My husband saw our baby B and immediately announced which name he...
Great! They both are held at Labors of Love and you can probably find them on facebook as they have their own pages. Hope to see you there.
GreenRose, not many playdates this time of year (at least not that I know of, haha) but you should come to babywearing or le leche league where there will be lots of moms with their kids! They both will be happening in the next couple of weeks!
I have had a few people say they can't tell my girls apart and constantly ask me if I'm "sure" they are not identical. Even people who have only seen them once or twice. I finally got tired of pointing out differences to this one lady and pointed at dd V and said sarcastically "Well her buttcrack is about an inch longer than A's so that means they aren't identical." The lady didn't realize I was joking and very seriously nodded saying, "Well that would mean they aren't I...
Do you mind if I join even though my twins are 6 months? I don't know how often I'll have time to post but I'd love to hear what lies ahead in the raising twin department.
First off I wanted to say that it was hard but not as bad as I had anticipated. But perhaps that's why it pays to be a pessimist, lol.     My girls just turned 6 months and when they were born their sister was just 18 months. I had the luxury of my husband working as a contractor so he could take off/leave early from work when needed so that plays a huge part in how those first weeks and even now work out. Also, the twins were full-term so we came home when they...
I just wanted to say that unless you want to hand Baby A over, maybe you could hold her and push Baby B out if you want. They told me that I'd have to pass Baby A off while delivering Baby B but I just kinda... held on to her . Also, it sounds like you'll be at a smaller hospital than I was so perhaps they'll know you better but be sure to have your DH on board with watching what's going on because every time I wasn't actively watching the doctors and nurses after the...