or Connect

Posts by Emelee

Great info Adorkable! Maybe what my OB meant was since there's about a 1/3 chance twins are identical then he estimated/rounded up to 35% instead of 33.3333333%. That means he was not taking into account that they were di-di only that the chance was 1/3 they could be identical. So that means it would be a much smaller percentage of di-di same gender would be identical. I'm not super hot with statistics but it's probably a smaller percent like you were saying.
I'm pretty sure that even if the placentas fuse it does not mean 100% identical. It depends on where the eggs implant and how the placentas grow. There was someone who said their twins' placentas ended up fusing and it was boy/girl so no chance of identical. Also, they can still be identical and not have fused placentas. The Obs and ultrasound techs made sure to remind me of this often because of an anterior and posterior placentas I assumed fraternal (which they ended...
My Dr.said if I ovulated 2x then only 25% chance would both be girls or otherwise it was around 35% chance they were identical since I had di-di girls. He didn't explain why the 35% chance and I didn't think to ask. My girls are fraternal, I could tell right away because their facial structures are so different. Why not just get the test done if it's so cheap? If they had looked too similar I would have done it just to be sure.
My original goal was to make it at least until 2 years old and she just turned 2 a few days ago. Now I will no longer offer the breast but if she asks I will not refuse (unless it's just one of those days where I'm at my wits end). I think this will help her gradually wean on her own. I've already tried the singing but she doesn't seem to understand just yet that once the song is done she is done. I'll keep working on it.   Susan, thank you for such a nice comment. I...
That's awesome!! Great job to you on your pregnancy and birth!! I waited to CD until the girls were 3 months but it saves soooo much money I wish I had done it earlier. It's not as hard as I had anticipated.
Ugh, I couldn't stop myself from gaining 2 lbs a week after a certain point. I gained a total of 60 (so double my singleton pregnancy) and it really didn't matter what I ate. I could eat vegetables or all sugar at it was still 2 lbs a week. I went to 41 weeks.
Thank you for your replies. I think I might try the song idea since I'm always singing to the girls. Maybe that will help her not feel so upset when I'm just touched out and have to end our sessions early. It would not be so hard if she didn't really care about it but I know she loves our nursing bond even though she's nearly 2. I feel bad sometimes because if it wasn't for the twins I wouldn't even be thinking of weaning, it's not her fault they demand so much time. I'm...
I don't even know how to write this because it's been a horrible debate in my mind for months now. I don't want to wean my almost 2 year-old but I don't enjoy nursing her. She only nurses 1-2 times a day because I just can't take having her on me more than that with me nursing her twin sisters all the time. I REALLY wanted to do child-led weaning and let her keep going until she's done. But it feels physically uncomfortable, like too much stimulation when she nurses now....
My girls were di-di and I had a cpm and ob combo who were going to come to my house for a homebirth along with 2 extra cpms. I saw a Mfm for ultrasounds and even though they wanted me to be at the hospital they did not give me too much trouble about the choice to homebirth. Unfortunately once I got to 41 weeks my ob had to refer my care to the Mfm at the hospital and I had AROM which started labor. If I had just gone into labor naturally I would have had my...
I cosleep with the twins. At first they were in the middle of the king size bed but not touching each other. That didn't work for more than a month because I was sick of crawling from one side to the other to nurse each of them. At that point my DH moved to the guest bed again with our toddler and I have one on either side of me to sleep. That's working so far even though they roll toward me and I have to constantly reposition them all night. But it's better than getting...