or Connect

Posts by Emelee

I'm still nursing DD who is 15 months but only around 1-3 times a day. I don't think she's actually getting anything anymore but she still wants the comfort. It doesn't bother me except when she's on top and then the twins start kicking her hard. I just feel so bad that she's so little and not able to get milk when I know she wants to keep nursing. I might have 3 tandem at the same time once they are here which will be an adventure!
My twins aren't here yet but maybe you could try a cup with a straw? The only reason I say that is because my DD never took a bottle (as in refused to use one), and never could figure out a tipping sippy cup. But she got the hang of a straw at 6 months when I'd let her try water with her solid food. Now she only gets water or occasionally some milk in her straw cup (she's 15.5 months old) and I'm working on getting her to drink regularly like an adult. Either way you go,...
Whoa, she did not get very big at all! And that was very sweet. Makes me wish I was taking more pictures of my belly!
Haha, every time I stand up I get a cramp/contraction. It starts low by my bladder and tightens its way up. The way I can really tell is if the top of my uterus is hard since the twins make the bottom hard constantly with their heads positioned there. I was going to get a belly band but didn't hear it helped with BH contractions, just with ligament pain. Let me know if it works for you.
Your wrap looks great! That is just the carry I want to try when mine get here! Could you let me know how you learned it and what length of fabric please! Also, they're still so "tiny", when did you start the high back carry? Thanks so much!!    
Thanks for all the replies! I'm just entering the third trimester (yay 28 weeks) and already feeling like I can't get off the ground from sitting! And poor DD can barely fit on my lap when we rock because I have to sit straight up or feel like I'm suffocating on baby feet!   anexia-I wish my labors were quick like that! I agree that perhaps a maternity belt right now would be bad since the girls are already shoved feet up into my ribs. Baby A is particulary vicious...
Adorkable-I'm still on the fence about a maternity belt just because I don't want the extra expense if I won't use it... I am considering it more and more if it really helps with BH contractions which I get constantly!! In regards to preterm labor, I know everyone is different, I was just curious because I wondered if such frequent BH contractions were a signal that I was at risk for preterm labor. I'm really hoping to get to 37 weeks so I can deliver with my...
Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm sooo hoping for a shorter labor with these girls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for around 12 hours, but we'll see! You all had great sized babies!   Erica-that's great you nursed them so long! I couldn't imagine working right, I would be so dead on my feet! I did enjoy nursing DD and think it will be nice to have one on one time with each of the twins too.   rinap-I'm hoping for a decent labor length like yours and...
I've been wanting to post here for a while with questions but I keep forgetting I figure since I'm getting towards the 3rd trimester I should start asking some stuff!   1. With twins, if you had a vaginal delivery, how long was labor until the first was born and then the second? I'm hoping for a quick labor, obviously, since my first was 24 hours with my singleton.   2. How much weight did you gain versus how big were your babies? I gained 25-30 lbs with my...
For my birth the midwife didn't put a sign up on the door because I told my parents, siblings, and parent-in-laws that no one was allowed to announce the birth of the baby until DH and I said so. So therefore no one except immediate family knew she was even born until she was a couple days old. Then when we had people wanting to come over I just kept my bathrobe on and no one stayed more than an hour. No one did anything around the house for us but I wasn't too worried...