or Connect

Posts by Emelee

I wouldn't go with that carrier personally because it looks like a "crotch dangler" type carrier. From what I've learned this can lead to excessive stress on the hips and crotch which could potentially cause problems later in life. I'm not an expert but I'm sure someone here has more knowledge on the subject.   Did you try different ways to tie it? I found some positions for my DD were uncomfortable for me and her but I watched lots of youtube videos until I found a way...
I haven't had my twins yet but I'm planning on a moby to slip both into the front when they're tiny and when they can sit up a bit more I'm going to use 2 ring slings or 2 mei tai's (one on front and one on back). The moby will be nice when they're tiny because you don't have to take it off every time you slip them out, just re-tighten when you get them back in and situated. I hope my plan works because I'm going to have a 1.5 year old to deal with when they're born and...
My DD has an upper lip tie I think degree 4 or whatever the most restrictive is called. I ended up discovering it and diagnosing it it since my midwife, pediatrician, nor the LC I saw knew what it was. When I finally went to a new pediatrician who recognized it she said she would not refer me to a ENT because it didn't matter if nursing hurt or not. She was really helpful Anyway, we never got it clipped but I had severe pain when nursing until she was a good 4 months...
Due May 27th and we're having fraternal twin girls. So we'll have 3 little girls in the house under 2 years old for a while... whoa...
My first was a successful homebirth, 24 hours practically to the dot, 1.5 hours of pushing, baby born with nuchal hands and cord. She was 8 lbs 11 oz but no tears on me thank goodness. Present were a CNM, her assistant, and my husband. Never once during labor or pushing did I think to go the hospital or think I needed relief from the pain. It did hurt (even when showering and using the birthing tub) but I knew it was natural pain and was not worried. My water didn't...
Why did he say that? Are you measuring larger than average? I'm 17 weeks 5 days with twins and measuring 20 weeks but it's also my second pregnancy. You could always go to an elective ultrasound clinic to get one done for fairly cheap just to take a peek.
    Glad I'm not the only one here either! I have tried working on her latch but she always just pulls to the end of the breast anyways. My LLL said she would eventually get "bored" with latching that way and correct it but it's been 6 months and no change!! Ever since she's gotten teeth it's been worse, or maybe I've only started feeling it since those teeth are sharp! I can hear her gulping so I know she's getting something at least for the first couple of minutes. If...
Hi! I've finally found this group after thinking they would never update the due date clubs, haha! I have a one-year-old daughter who is a delight although I wish she would sleep through the night already!! I found out at 9 weeks I'm pregnant with twins and found out at 15 weeks (a couple days ago) that they think it's 2 girls but separate sacs and placentas so no idea if identical or not. Anyone else pregnant with multiples that they know of? Was planning a homebirth...
I'm still nursing but DD just turned 1 so there was no way I was quitting beforehand. It's become pretty painful since she has an extremely shallow latch that won't correct so her teeth are always on my nipples. My mom thinks I'm crazy to keep nursing her since I'm pregnant with twins but since I haven't vaccinated her yet I want to make sure she still has a drink of her "medicine" as often as she wants. I have no idea if my supply is down or not since she nurses the...
I'm very private/modest and knew I would never get fully nude even though the midwife said I would forget that in labor.   Homebirth-labored in baggy shirt, yoga pants, and a swim suit halter top. When I finally got in the birth pool I kept my swim top on. They made me get out to birth/push which I then put on a cover up skirt. They told me to take it off after my water broke so ultimately I birthed in a halter top swim suit which was very comfortable and easy to...