or Connect

Posts by nova22

Is there a particular reason that the due date clubs only go up to April 2012? Are they still being used?
LOL that picture is priceless!!! What a sweet little grump face.      Congratulations on your birth - sorry that it wasn't what you had wanted, but I'm so happy for you that you are able to look back and feel good about the experience. I think it makes a big difference when the hospital staff understands that you had wanted a homebirth but they don't judge you for it.   
He is beautiful! Congratulations.   I had to supplement with my now 22-month-old daughter. She was also born by c-section. I pumped round the clock to save up a supply for her but she was in the NICU, so she had to be bottle/tube fed and they fortified my milk for a while. I was so sad because I thought I wouldn't have a good nursing relationship with her, but once she was out of the hospital, we eventually got into the swing of things and I was able to nurse her...
With #4, my water broke on Monday evening and nothing happened. Tuesday brought some puttery contractions but nothing significant. My midwife had me take extra vitamin C to prevent infection. When Wednesday rolled around and I still wasn't in labor, I had acupuncture in the morning and took about 10 Swiss Kriss tablets (very gentle herbal laxative) in the evening. Labor started the next morning (and there weren't any hideous side effects from taking Swiss Kriss). 
My due date buddy CoralJean had a successful HBAC on December 22 and gave birth to a little boy! She sent the name but I just emerged from my bed for the first time today and left my cell w/ text message at the bed, so I'll have to let her update that. :-) I got her text message as I was nursing a 30 minute old baby of my own. :-)   I don't think I've ever been so fearful during a birth but my husband has never been so confident, and he helped me through it...
I had acupuncture today to turn the baby. Appointment ended at 12:30, felt a lot of movement over the next hour, and she was back in a good position when I lay down and checked at about 2:30. 
These are things I've feared throughout all six of my pregnancies so far, a lot of them aren't relevant anymore.   1. tearing or getting an episiotomy (never had an epi; I tore once when my doctor used fear tactics to make me turn and push on my back and the resulting stitches were more painful than the labor and birth) 2. shoulder dystocia (never happened) 3. cord around the neck (never happened and I'm no longer concerned now that DH and I know how to handle...
What a story! Congratulations and welcome, baby Daniel 
 I can't tolerate Rainbow Light, either, but they are the best I can find (and highly recommended by my midwife) as far as what they contain. I have yet to see a chewable prenatal that comes anywhere close to them. Instead, I take all kinds of other stuff every day: - acidophilus - gentle iron - chlorophyll - fish oil capsules - calcium magnesium (a recent addition to my daily routine, recommended by my midwife because I have had some issues with borderline blood pressure...