or Connect

Posts by qmama42

Name/Username? qmama42 Who is in your family? me (38), DP (50), DD1 (4.5), DD2 (10 months) What pronouns do you and your family members use? she x 4 If you already have kids, tell us two interesting things about each of them. DD1: She is wickedly funny and announced the other day that her bottom smells like "cotton candy". And I'm already jealous of her creativity and ability to think outside of the box. DD2: She has been gritty and determined since she took her...
Isa--We don't have any Ediths in the family as far as we know. Chances that she found it at a garage sale 40-50 years ago are excellent though! I love the delicate cotton vintage hankies--they are oddly comforting. And yes, people certainly are funny about the name thing...
Well, here goes....   Isa--Hi Mama! I so adore seeing those pictures of little E. I was just folding putting my linens away the other day when I ran across the stack of vintage handkerchiefs my grandmother gave me and there, embroidered on the corner in Palmer cursive was your dear E's name in pink thread! I smiled--she is just delightful!   Cananny--Congratulations x3! Wow, I will definitely be thinking of you as you embark on the journey to multiples. I wish...
Desert--just came out of hiding to say I love, love the pics! Can't believe you two are so close to meeting Evie! I am so woefully behind with everyone else so i'm gonna go ahead and issue a big blanket apology for being so quiet, but I have been reading along. Life is so busy with two little ones, working full-time, etc. that I can barely keep up! A proper post is promised though!
Sara--PPD is no fun and I'm so sorry that you're still struggling through it. I hope you are finding the resources and support you need to get back on track. Big hugs to you, mama. Keep checking in with us and let us know how you are doing. The heat certainly can't be helping your mood either. I hope you guys get some relief soon!   While I'm here, I may as well say hello to everyone and give an update. The babe will be 6 months in less than two weeks! Time is...
Nosreves--Thanks for the shiny new thread! I hope you are doing well with your growing legume!   Dandy--Congratulations to you and your DP. I'm sorry that Pickle came earlier than expected, but I am glad that here is here safely. That's great that you could have a natural delivery too. I send my very best to you with the time you'll be spending in the NICU over the next few months. I know how stressful it can be, but I also know that NICU staff are amazing and Pickle...
Go KS! So glad to hear that your body is doing what it's supposed to. Sending encouragement for the little one to make her appearance soon!!   Hi everyone else! I've been quietly lurking for weeks now. All is good here, S is doing well (5 months already!) and we are enjoying the summer weather here. We've had all sorts of fun this month with Pride, playdates, getting S out in the jogging stroller so I can run. I'm hoping I can join the Chicago crew for the Pride next...
Brite--Great to hear from you! I love the pictures; thanks for sharing! I'm sending you easy labor vibes as I type this. All of my best for a smooth, head-down VBAC for your sweet little one. You two must be so excited to meet her. I know it's been a ridiculously long road for you and I am thrilled that she'll be here soon! Happy laboring to you!
Ad astra--Look at those little beauties! They are amazingly gorgeous and I love how sweet they look in the little hats. Congratulations to you and I am so glad that they are home with you. I hope you are finally able to relax and enjoy motherhood after your tough road to get the babies here.   Isa--I agree--pumping once a day to build a stash should be sufficient. If you skip a day here and there, it shouldn't be a big deal. The lactation consultants here always...
Hello beautiful Soren! Welcome to the world, little one! Saras, you look great--job well done on the addition to your family!