or Connect

Posts by qmama42

I’m just gonna start by venting about last night for a minute. Well, technically it was this morning, between 1 and 4 am. It sucked. It was the first night we tried sleeping with DP again in weeks and boy was it rough. I’m not sure we’ll be invited back (hee hee). We rocked, we walked, we tried the shush, swaddle and swing, there was cluster feeding, there was fussiness, screaming and general discontent. For all of the times that she hasn't wanted to breastfeed in the...
Seraf--I'd love to just nurse at night, but because she has been mostly bottle-fed since birth, she becomes irate when she's sleepy and hungry and I try to put her to the breast. She does not want to work to breastfeed so she ends up doing that side-to-side, chicken-pecking, head-bucking, your-nipple-is-in-my-mouth-but-I-refuse-to-latch-on thing. She would much prefer to be topped off on the breast or to just nurse down when she gets sleepy.   I knew this bottling...
Desert--I am horrified on so many levels. And the lecture about the child's best interest is inappropriate and downright insulting. The one bright shining spot in this whole mess is that you know exactly where she stands, therefore you won't have to endure the discomfort of being in the class and frustration of having paid good money out to someone who is clearly a bigot. Good for you for checking into this in the first place--it is another great way to help be in...
Oh Carmen, big hugs to you today. Whatever you decide, I hope you find peace and healing.
Thanks Ahope, Starling, Wehrli, Seraf and Library for the sleep advice. I'm going to try it tonight (that is if I don't make DP take the night shift since it's Friday and all and I've been doing this ALL week). I had hoped the baby would take to the co-sleeper this time around, but we quickly realized that she was vehemently opposed to that idea and wanted to sleep next to mamas. Normally, that would have been fine, but the idea of sleeping too close to my 4 lb....
Isa--Everything is going well, expect in the sleep department. Since DP is already back at work, I have been sleeping with the baby in the guest room. She is maddeningly up for hours every night, just fussing and fronting like she's asleep until I try to lay her down. Then she will scream her displeasure and act all offended that I even dared try to put her down. It is exhausting, but I don't feel helpless and desperate like I did the first time around. If I could find a...
Carmen--I hope all of the love and support from this group will help you through grieving. My thoughts are with you, mama.
Hi all!   Just coming out of the babymoon shadows to say hello. I missed ya'll! There's no way in the world that I can hit all the personals I want, but I can do a few...here goes:   OMOM--You are almost to the finish line! I am still supposed to be pregnant right along with you to help pull you that tape (it was so much fun being preggo buddies). Oh well. Go perineal massage! There's nothing more sexy than not being able to see your own nether-regions and having...
Alphahen--I am so sorry about your loss. Sending warm, healing thoughts to you and DP     All--Thank you so much for the love and sweet messages. I am still overwhelmed--it's hard to wrap my head around being in this place that is totally different and unexpected. I am thrilled that the baby seems to be doing okay. They just released her from the NICU and brought her to my room and it's wonderful to have her here. No milk yet, the lactation consultation is supposed...
Baby Girl had to make an early appearance. Born this morning via emergency c-section, weighing 4lbs, 2oz. She's in the NICU where she'll be for at least the next few days. We are tired, but happy and encouraged. I can't thank this community enough for sticking with me through ttc, pregnancy and now the birth of this sweet, tiny baby. More details to come...