or Connect

Posts by hiamyj

Hi PoetryLover..  I am an ICU Nurse and I have found that taking Chlorophyll tabs (from the health food store) will raise your H&H faster than Foridex.  I have taken Floridex myself with good results and I know it it a great product.  My midwife also recommends chlorophyll for all of her anemic mamas.  You would be able to continue the Floridex and add chlorophyll if you feel this might be a good idea for you.  HTH :)
I am going to throw in my 2 cents worth of advice....  I am a Critical Care RN with 18 years of experience dealing with doctors and medical authorities.  I do not want to go into a log winded discussion of why I am against vaccinations, but I have yet to find a doctor or medical professional who can argue me under the table in support of vaccinations or even circ for that matter.  I have done my research, attended workshops and I have facts and data to back up my...
Because of the way that our hormone levels fluctuate at night, fasting blood sugars are the hardest to control.  Aside from the extensive research that I have done since my diagnosis 5 weeks ago, I am an ICU nurse.  Normally, an adult can go without food for almost a day before the body starts the "starvation mode" and starts converting glycogen stores in the liver into glucose so that our blood sugar level stays above a dangerously low level.  With GD we have an...
I really do understand the frustration with GD.  This is my 2nd pregnancy and I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago at 28 weeks.  I did one week of the diet and my numbers were boarderline, but I was luckily without ketones.  I have been on insulin for the last 3 weeks and it is easier than I thought it would be.  As a nurse, I can give shots and poke fingers, but the thought of doing it to myself made me a little queasy.  The lancets and needles are so short and so fine, that it...
Aloha Sisters!  I am excited for my August 21st baby.   Name: Amy (hiamyj) * EDD:   8/21/2011 * Age:  37 * Location:  Maui, Hawaii * What number child is this for you: #2, I have a 14 year old son * Birth plans/preferences:  First choice is a home birth with my CNM, but it is going to cost about $5,000.00.  On Maui, they do not allow VBAC...so I will be flying to Oahu to deliver if the home birth does not work out. * Anything else you'd like to share:  I love...