or Connect

Posts by pennnyforum

As explained earlier, I'm from the UK where circumcision isn't as popular as in the US. Against my instinct, I was persuaded to circumcise my first son by DH (who is) and his family (where all males are) and my ped.    Whenever I was bathing or changing my first baby boy, friends sometimes called or family were present and often watched. I always felt very conscious that my son's circumcision was very obvious. The problem is the exposed glans is really an internal part...
As explained earlier, I'm from the UK where circumcision isn't as popular as in the US. Against my instinct, I was persuaded to circumcise my first son by DH (who is) and his family (where all males are) and my ped.    Whenever I was bathing or changing my first baby boy, friends sometimes called or family were present and often watched. I always felt very conscious that my son's circumcision was very obvious. The problem is the exposed glans is really an internal part...
I just had an interesting conversation with a friend on this topic. Like me she was coerced by DH and her ped. into having her first son cut. Unlike me, she managed to keep her second son intact. He is now ten. It had been a year or two since she'd supervised bathtime as her boys sought privacy, but she happened to see him naked recently when he was undressing and she went into his bedroom closet to put away some clothes.   Suddenly she did a double-take. Although he...
I thought I'd convinced a friend at work not to circumcise when she told me she was having a boy. She listened to my argument and later after looking up the web links I passed on, said she definitely wouldn't be doing it.   A couple of weeks after the birth I went round with a present. I stayed a while and saw her bath him and was dismayed to notice he was clearly circumcised. She probably saw my jaw drop! Later, she must have felt guilty and mentioned that  she'd...
I'm sure all the good advice you've been given is correct but there are instances where circumcision is the best and final option. My son suffered for far too long with pain on urination, steroid creams and stretching attempts, infections and antibiotic courses. I had a foreskin friendly doctor who tried everything before she reluctantly suggesting circumcision. He had the white scar tissue at the tip which you describe and it just became worse and spread with every...
  I felt sad at our first intimacy when i discovered my DH was circumcised. I remember trying to push the remains of his foreskin over the rim and it just wouldn't go. How could his mother choose to have him live the rest of his life without any protection for the delicate head? It seemed so unfair. However, to my surprise, his circumcision has had no negative effects on our sex life, which is some consolation.   He on the other hand says he wouldn't have it any...
  Thank you for your comments and advice, which sadly is a bit late now. I'm still not sure about the dorsal slit as the scar tissue was very extensive which is why they've given him a very complete circ. even more than his brother who was cut as a baby.   Certainly I will talk with him and explain things if an opportune moment comes up. I have done so already to some extent because of the surgery. It doesn't help that his father and brother and two of his best...
  MCatLvrMom & hakunangov   I did in fact have long discussion with a foreskin friendly ped. before taking the reluctant decision to circumcise my son. She prescribed the steroid cream but it was ineffective because the scar tissue was extensive and would not stretch. They did a full circumcision to get rid of this scar completely and to be fair, made a every neat job of it with no trace of the stitch marks now everything has settled down.   I was not offered ...
  natesmamma, we had exactly the same scenario. My second son discovered the novelty of retracting his foreskin and took great delight in making it looking like his circumcised older brother. I was a mite concerned because it was my choice to leave him intact as I had previously lost the battle with DH and MIL and having done my research to support my decision, I was going to prove that foreskins can be problem-free if left alone. Still, since retraction had been...
  Please believe me my son's foreskin was so badly scarred and damaged from the infections, it had lost all elasticity and would never have retracted for cleaning or intercourse as an adult. This was the what I was told by the the surgeon I consulted which confirmed by own nursing experience. He also said he hated doing them except as a last resort because circumcision is so final. Once the foreskin has gone, it's gone for the rest of a boy's life. That's a thought which...