or Connect

Posts by mt momma

How is your son falling asleep?  Are you in the room with him when he closes his eyes?  Is he falling asleep somewhere (arms, your bed, etc) and then being moved into his room later?  If so, you may want to consider gently changing those routines to match more what your family needs.  You may try talking to him, if he is falling asleep in one place & waking in another, "It looks like you are really sleepy, after you fall asleep I'm going to hold you for a while, then I...
Our city hasn't approved it yet, (come on Billings!  Get with the program!) but raising your own hens is a great source of healthy eggs!  My inlaws and sister in law have raised chickens for years and enjoy feeding the chickens veggie kitchen scraps.  A great way to ensure you are getting healthy food, a great way to teach the kiddos (and myself!) where food comes from.  PLUS they make sweet noises when they are happy!
We enjoy eating chicken occasionally.  I buy a local chicken, about $11 depending on the size and cook it up at home.  I will roast the whole thing and use it as the main dish, roast the chicken & then make soup or casserole out of it. (The soup or casserole cooks faster when the meat is already cooked, I LOVE that!)  I can then usually make ANOTHER soup out of what's left on the bone.  I also learned how to cut the chicken up into peices (breasts, thighs, wings) from my...
I think you are wonderful to pull the kids out, noticing their distress and taking action is probably one of the most healing things you can do for them!  I think you can just have play and stories and talk about what happened and tell them that the way is good for some people, but not all people and that you think everyone can do better by being home.    My DD (3) had a very traumatic dental experence and we're still playing dentis and talking about what happened 3...
Turning requests into songs DOES WORK!!  Keeps the kiddo listening and keeps mommy from freaking out!!!!  We also say goodbye to things in song (Good bye swings, good bye sand, we'll see you again some day!) lol    
I failed to mention my DD is almost three, we still have nursing as part of our nightime routine & I still go to sleep w/ her....
It sounds like you've gotten some great support and information already!  I'm up at 3am and can't sleep (MUCH different from my life 1 year ago when I wasn't sleeping because my girl wasn't sleeping!)   So a few thoughts are fleeting through my brain...how does your son do with naps?  Is he getting a good solid nap (or a couple of naps) throughout the day?  How does he go down for those sleep sessions?  Is it the same struggle and slippery slope to get him to nap as...