or Connect

Posts by twegs

Me!!!  I am still working, but taking every Friday off.  I'm 38 weeks and I feel like this is my last week working, but I keep having that nagging thought that this baby could  go over and then I'll just be waiting.  I'll also still have to get up and take my daughter to school every morning so it's not like I'll be sleeping in or anything. My first baby came at 41 weeks and my 2nd came at 38 weeks.  I'm ready to be done.   When my son was born I was scheduled off on a...
I'm due to have a new one in the next couple of weeks and my youngest will be two tomorrow!   He starts out most night in his own bed, but probably about half the time he wakes and we bring him into our bed.  I'm getting really nervous about how this will all play out, but I'm thinking that we will just push our king bed (already on the floor so no frame) flush against the wall so we don't have to worry about any falls.  Then I can just have one on either side? ...
My son will be two tomorrow and often doesn't sleep through the night.  He might for a night or two, but then he'll wake for a couple nights.  Kids at this age just don't always sleep all night, it's a lie!!!  Sometimes he needs a drink of water or a little snuggle to get back to sleep.  We have moved him to his own space because within a couple of weeks we will have a newborn to also tend to.    I agree though, it's normal and you do NOT need to "train" him.  He...
well...somehow it worked out so ALL the shirts that still do fit me are purple. I've been wearing all shades of pruple for two weeks now! 
yup!  I got nothing!    37 weeks and change and planning for at least another week or two (or more).  I'm going to see my midwife tomorrow though, and I haven't decided if I'm going to let her check me or not.  I'm really curious so someone should talk me out of it!  
I think that the problem is that it can go either way...and putting yourself on a 24 hour timeline is risky.   I wouldn't do it until I was 41 weeks at least, but even then I would try other things first.   With my first I was completely closed and thick until I went into labor at 41 weeks.  We got to the hospital and they talked about pitocin.  I drank some castor oil and did nipple stimulation to help move things along and delivered her naturally early the next...
I never lost it with my other two!  It must have come out gradually over time. I am not expecting to see one this time really.
I'm so glad that I read this...it's really helpful to know that I'm not the only one.  I'm just now 37 weeks.  My first came at 41 weeks and my second came at 38 weeks so I'm trying to not have expectations for this birth, but it is so hard.  I just think in one week I could have a baby and be done...
I'm not have a homebirth, but my MIL is staying with my two other children while the husband and I go to the birth center.  She is a neat freak!  She was actually a cleaning lady for a long, long time and I NEVER feel like my house is clean enough for her.  She doesn't say anything, but is always cleaning when she's over.  I mean, I'll take all the help I can get, but I don't want her to come to a trashed house.   We switched to paper dishes a couple weeks ago.  That...
I want to be done working too!  I'm here now and I'm crabby, uncomfortable, and swelling.  Work days I puff up like crazy and non-work days my ankles look completely normal.  I have a desk job so I know it's from sitting all day but it's awful.  I know that the closer that I can work to my delivery date the better, and I'm taking every Friday off right now.  It's still hard though.  I leave my house at 7:15am, drop both kids off, work, pick both kids up and get home at...