or Connect

Posts by Emaya

Thank you all for taking the time to respond! I will look into your suggestions.
I have four kids, two boys and two girls. I'm pro-vaccination but respect anti-vaccinators. DS1 had a a severe reaction to a cocktail of vaccines at 14 months old. He went from being a babbling, singing, very social little guy to being completely out of it. He stared at a wall for much of the time, he didn't babble, didn't sing, and no more hand gestures at "insy winsy spider" etc. He didn't even respond to his name anymore. After 4-5 weeks, he slowly started coming out of...
Wow am I glad I popped in! Holy moly fertile mertles in here. We're going to have to change our name to, like, happy-go-lucky sushi ladies who get pregnant at the drop-of-a-hat or something! I was just thinking about agreenmum the other day and tried to check up on you here, but couldn't search your name for some reason. Some BSLs just get stuck in my thoughts -- Milk, for example -- and agreenmum is one of them. Monkeyscience, WOW! How cool is that?! Eventually ya'll...
Oh WWWOOOOWWWW!  RCR! Congratulations -- this has to just be completely mind-blowing and heart-boggling for you. You won't remember me because I was one of those tiny blips on the BSL radar, but I remember you and my heart is just singing for you right now. Thank you for tracking down your old friends here, I'm sure your news is going to make many of our days!
Sorry, no input on CVS or any other testing -- we found out it was triplets in week 20 in what I thought was going to be our only ultrasound in a normal pregnancy.    I hope you get some supportive and informative responses.   If you decide to continue with the triplet pregnancy, I know of a group of single (several by choice) triplet moms that I can get you in touch with.   PM me if that's the route you decide to take.    Take care, and good luck in the...
Thank you! Needed that today :)
Wow, how great to see so many voices in here all of a sudden. And so many surprise babies!!! Just too exciting. CACGirl, your girls are beautiful. I hated the months and months of TTC and it not happening, but considering what happened when it DID happen, I'm so glad our daughter was 3 years old instead of 1.5, as I had originally hoped. Nothing like a big, big sister to be patient and caring.  There's something so wonderful about surprise babies - especially for us...
Adorkable, that is just hilarious about the missed diaper! I wonder what he was thinking in his little toddling mind -- "Hmm, it's a whole lot warmer and wetter than usual. And now it's kind of cooler and wetter...ah well ... zzz"   Rinap, that sounds challenging, all that nursing in the night. When they nurse separately, are you able to sleep through that? I never could. But then again, I couldn't nurse lying down, I think I'm just too flat-chested for...
Adorkable, that looks good. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but then again, I can't think to straight in general lately. Babies were well for two days, and now Forest has a fever again.  It's times like these I'm kicking myself for being lazy in the breastfeeding department. Gosh, if they just could have had some of my anti-bodies this Fall, they would have suffered so much less. Or would they have had to have gotten those bugs eventually anyway? I don't...
Thanks, Adorkable - I was just feeling a little stuck (tons of snow here in Sweden suddenly, and my triplet wagon doesn't roll so well anymore) and need some human -- even if it's digital -- interaction. Glad to hear night weaning went so well for you -- how did you explain to your two-year-olds about it? That seems like a big concept to get across to little I-want-what-I-want folks like 2-year-olds.   Ziursrm, my triplets will be 1 on December 20th. I tried to click...