or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

Your husband is being unrealistic.  However, he- like most other people- probably can't understand why you are nurturing your anger at a situation that really is over with.  You can't go back and change things, but you can put the word out about this doctor.  Beyond that, you need to decide why you re giving this situation so much power over your life in the present.  A good therapist might help, but finding one could be tricky.  Beyond that- the goal of said therapist...
That looks really tasty. I've never heard of it before!   Our dinner plans for tonight are pretty dull- roast chicken, twice baked potatoes and peas. However, I actually tend towards things like souvlaki, soup (we're going to try a Zuppa Toscana type soup tomorrow), salads, stir fries etc.  It's not all that common for me to do anything with potato- but they are on sale this time of year.  We also keep tortillas on hand and turn leftovers into quesadillas, or grilled wrap...
Hm, there are some great suggestions there- I'll have to see what I can find (and afford) locally, and what I may need to order.      
That works fine now.  I think there re probably still some bugs to work through in the system. 
Just lately I'm really beginning to feel pretty uncomfortable in my own body in terms of exercise/movement.  I am attributing it (in part) to having caught a bug from DD, but I'm also just beginning to get that beached whale feeling.  For the past two nights my hips have been KILLING me at night.    Grrr.    I know  DH will be around some so I could go exercise then, but his work takes him away a lot and it's all sorts of weird hours, so the treadmill (for me) would be a...
Oooh!  I can reply!   I could see this post before, but I couldn't respond. Maybe that's how all of them are?  
I don't get the freezy-thing, but I am still only at 'request pending' and I see other people added regularly.  I promise, I bathe regularly!  :D  
I learned in my last two births that my body would not actually deliver the baby until after I had the epidural.  There was too  much guarding and dealing with the pain to actually labor successfully.  (This had not been the case in previous births, even though I have never ha an unaugmented labor- either with cytotech or pit.)  Sure, the natural labor was a great goal, but the reality is that- while many interventions are unnecessary, in some cases, they are the best...
I find myself justifying my education and being a SAH parent on a regular basis.  I know I shouldn't have to justify it to anyone, but I feel like I do.  For me, I'm toying with entering the clergy in a few years (calling?  not sure if that's it, more along the lines of 'this WILL be the path, you can do it the easy way, or you can do it the hard way...') but I made a decision not to do that until after my children are a little older. In the grand scheme of things,...
Well, really you CAN force her to get help, and in a situation this significant, I would absolutely do so. If she won't go in for help, you simply arrange for her to be admitted as an inpatient somewhere for assessment and help.     Is it necessarily going to make her your friend and foster trust with you right now? Absolutely not. Might it save her life- possibly.     Something is very wrong, and she needs help.  She's making herself a victim if she isn't...