or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

Thanks, I already know that I have significant immune compromise (as does one of my kids.)  I'm also a cancer survivor, and my immune system was further damaged in treatment.     I hadn't really thought about the connection between that and the thrush (I know, I probably should have- it's just so common... ) Maybe I'll look for a local immunologist to see if they have any ideas.   That would make sense.  Grr. 
'request pending'       I know- it's all those subversive ideas I have!  
I think I will look at doing the C25K program starting in March/April depending on how I'm feeling.     I worry less about how I look than how I feel in my body.  I know I will need to build strength.  I haven't run in about 10 years, but I know that if I could get to a place where I was doing a 5k run 4-5 times a week that would be enough conditioning to make me feel a little better.  I'm simply not willing to commit more time than that while the kids are small. I...
I actually find the diet as more carbs than I am usually drawn to eat.   That was a helpful thing for me to learn.  I have tweaked it since then to get to a point where my blood sugar levels are generally stable, but I have never found a diabetic diet to be restrictive.  If anything, it forces me to eat a lot more than I would if left to my own devices. 
I've had a similar thing going on, some of it is a little bug I seem to have caught from the kids, but i think most of it is simply that everything is smushed and being rearranged.     I've had some luck with ginger tea or switchel throughout the day.  (Switchel is an odd drink, but it always helped settle my stomach as a kid.)
Oh gosh- what a terrible experience!  Please ask about talking to a patient advocate.  If nothing else, it will usually cause staff to think before trying to bulldoze you.  I'm so sorry.     The mucus plug- it's pretty normal to lose chunks- particularly as you are contracting, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.  My guess is the exam was enough to loosen things up more than you might have wanted, but hopefully things will settle back down for you soon.     
I've done dietary changes (the candida- free diet approach) and an extended course of diflucan as well as GSE, gentian, nystatin...   I know that doing that effected a change in my gut, but it seems that nothing is able to fix the yeast overgrowth in the breasts themselves.  I'm disheartened.  I will be refusing IV antibiotics this time during delivery (unless there is a very clear NEED for them) and am willing to spend an extra day or so in the hospital to make them...
Ok, I have a terrible problem with thrush.  It started when I had my now 2 yo, and was given IV antibiotics in labor.  Despite trying EVERYTHING under the sun to get rid of it, I dealt with thrush throughout the nursing relationship (it was deep in the breast, even things like diflucan weren't making a difference.)   DS weaned a few months ago (I am currently pregnant and due in December) and when he weaned, the thrush seemed not to be such an issue.     Now, as...
I have a caravan I adore.  It's older though- with high miles, but has a brand new transmission (replaced when I bought it) and an engine replaced the year before I got it.  I factored the cost of a new transmission into the cost of the van.  The total cost was about $1500.    We will probably finance a 'new' (as in within about 2-3 year old) van sometime soon, but for now the 'old' van works well and I really love not having a car payment.  Also, the insurance is a...
This is probably the best description of where I am emotionally that I have ever seen.     I am slowly making peace with not being a woman who loves pregnancy, but I just miss my normal energy levels and my normal mood stability, and just being able to be as present as I want with my kids. I don't like the toll on my family being pregnant takes- or the personal discomfort.  This is why the last child will be only two years after the previous child, and there were only 14...