or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

DD wants to be Hermione.  I haven't thought too much about what to do with the boys yet...  I am tempted to make the youngest an elf or a goblin- simply in honor of his ears.     Beyond that- I have almost no ambition.... 
The steroid injections that help with maturity don't last forever, you can't count on having had those now meaning greater lung maturity later (they are suggested only when there is very real risk of delivery within a week because of this.)   Quite honestly, with all those complicating factors, i would be extraordinarily hesitant to choose to UC- particularly if you are hoping to have the baby sooner rather than later.  I mean, if you are going to try to evict the...
This is suddenly making me see how very much I am NOT a planner.    I figure it will all work itself out- after all, we (women, that is) have been doing this for eons.    I don't usually want to eat/drink much during labor, but I do want yummy things for after labor.  My favorite 'after baby food' is a baked sweet potato with a LOT of butter and a little brown sugar.     I don't worry too much about thing like chux- it never really crosses my mind (then...
My dumpster is here!!!       I know- seems like an odd thing to be excited about, right?   Ah well, I'm easily pleased, what can I say?  
Ok, so since the shift seems to be to moving to the social groups.. maybe we should get going on that?   I have to say- while I think that the more public format is great in many ways, it would be nice to have a 'safe' place to communicate as well- and to keep in touch going forward.     
I don't think it's  a window into the future.  It seems to me to be a developmentally appropriate stage they go through.  I didn't run into it with my first and second because the age gap is MUCH bigger.  However my boys (now ages two and three) seem to be intent on battling each other as though they are channeling gladiators from the past.    I intervene when I have to, but for the most part, I try to let them sort things out themselves.  I happen to have two pushy...
I'm very uncomfortable at this point- in a lot of pain from contractions/pressure.  Baby is very very low for this stage in the pregnancy, and with the excess fluid, I'm feeling as though I'm pretty well out of 'room to grow'.     My only solution at this point has been to remain as active as reasonably possible.  I have mostly had to stop babywearing lately with my 2 yo- it's just not comfortable right now.  Still- while I try to stick to my OB's modified bedrest...
  One of my best friends is in the same boat.  She can't find a teaching position but is subbing a lot.  To maintain benefits she's working for a big bookseller- but needs to maintain 30+ hours there for benefits.  She can't stop subbing because she NEEDS a teaching job, and that's how she's keeping the door open (she's been looking for a couple years now).    It's a really hard time to be in that position.  
It depends on the weight of the linen as well as the size of the baby and the weather.  I like a two layer sling with bigger kids, but with a tiny baby one layer is plenty.    In the winter though, or if you are in intense air conditioning, that added layer can be handy with a little one who isn't goo at regulating body temperature yet.  
See, the thing I adore about this, is that this was *exactly* the driving force behind my screen name.    I love that my DD is the same way.  I was better at keeping the thoughts caught in the filter between brain and mouth than she is, but I'm not sure that's always beneficial.