or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

Today will be an errand running day for me- I need to get groceries, renew my license (and show proof of my marriage for the second time since that's lost in their system) check the thrift shop for a couple things for the kids etc.    I did manage to get up early and grab a shower before the kids woke up, so I'll count that as a productive start for the day. 
I'm sure we all have moments with our kids when we realize just how complicated they can be.  I figured I'd share my moment of the evening with DD because it left me laughing...     DD: "No mom, I can't go to bed yet. I have to experiment with the different things that will impact the buoyancy of the different boat designs I am trying."  Me: "It's really late, you can experiment with that tomorrow." DD: "I will experiment with it tomorrow, but the principles...
Yikes, that's a really big jump!  I hope you find some answers soon.    However, I do envy your electric bill. 
I am sorry it's so hard.  I can relate- but I certainly don't have all the answers- you have to trip over them sometimes.    For us, heavy work is an absolute HAVE TO DO every single day.  If DS doesn't get this, he's an absolute wreck.  http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/heavy-work-activities.html   Diet is a key for us, but not in the predictable ways.  Our 'ah-ha!' moment was a couple months ago as we began exploring mitochondrial disorder and our ped...
Ack, my house exploded!  Ok, well maybe not quite, but I'm pretty sure a couple small tornado-people went through.  It was organized when I got up this morning... since then it's all downhill.   Hopefully I can get that back in order soon.    I did  manage to clean out the fridge and freezer and got tonight's dinner started.    I am assigning DD to pick up the toys/clutter in the living room.  She largely create the chaos, so it's only fair.     As a...
A kinderpack or a Babyhawk OhSnap will have a taller body.  I don't care for shorter bodied carriers as my kids like to lean, and it's just not comfortable for either of us.   My Oh Snap is fantastic in many ways- and I really like the adjustability of the waist/hip belt. It's pretty easy to get one of these.    The kinderpack (I use a toddler size for both my 2 and 3 year olds, though a PS would work better for the 3yo going forward) has room built in for the...
There is a constant underlying ouch, but this is a sharp/stabby pain, particularly bad whenever I have BH.  It feels 'off' to me somehow.  My OB is good, and not over-reactive, but concerned enough with my history that he put in an order for an US should it not get better in the next day or so.  
Seal up any potential entrances to your home.  If they are in the pile and you drive them out of that, they will head for other comfy places (like your kitchen cupboards!) We use steel wool at any potential entry points (around pipes etc) as the mice won't chew through it.    Living near a field though- it's really hard to keep them out 100%   My mouse solution has been a cat- I got him as a kitten from a farmer who kept them around to guard the grain bins and...
Ok, baby has definitely flipped over most of the time now- his/her head is very low and rolling around in my pelvis.  Such a strange feeling.  My other children haven't dropped into the pelvis nearly so early, but after this many pregnancies, I suppose my body has a plan.     If only the legs weren't finding purchase in my ribs still!  (Darn short torso!)   I couldn't sleep well last night, so I got up at about 4am.  While I know I will regret it later, it's kind...
Oh my gosh!  My daughter is a Pokemon crazed kid, but I can't imagine!  I'd be demanding that the school step in- especially if the kid is threatening to bring a knife.  DD's bio-dad took a knife with him to school throughout his childhood, so I know it isn't a new development, but I know how broken his childhood was.  I can't imagine what I would do in that situation... I'd probably be trying to go to school with my kid as a bodyguard!