or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

Terbutaline?  We did that as well.  The side effects from the medications were hard for me to take, we discontinued as soon as we saw evidence of lung maturity beginning (obviously, not complete) but at that point I felt like the risk/benefit balance was tipping.     In my case, once we did manage to stop the PTL, it didn't come back.  I was induced with him at about 37 weeks (though he was developmentally 35/36 weeks.) It's really hard making those...
Ohhh.. velcro pajama and bed sheet sets- what a FABULOUS plan!   Yeah,  I have a three year old and a two year old, I'm not above daydreaming about duct tape. :P   I'm glad your DH decided to make better decisions last night- my DH doesn't drink normally, but nearly killed himself with alcohol when his mother died a few years ago.  I understand the worry- it's really hard when you can't be right there to make sure everything is ok. 
Hey, I remember dancing to the Macarena in college... uh.. I mean...    *sigh*   Oh well- I kind of like being a little older more than being younger.  I feel more settled into the person I choose to be, and don't worry much about what other people think.  If I could magically fix the grey hairs without chemicals, life would be complete.    Things here are busy, but good.  I'm on a 'clear out everything' mission.  My DD's room is going to be shifted over to...
Oh gosh- I'd been wondering if something was up since you have been among the missing. :(     With my 3 year old I was in the hospital for a few weeks throughout the pregnancy (PPROM/ PTL) but he did stay put.  I have a lot of questions about the impact all of that had on him as he did also have developmental delays, but he's currently 38 months old and sitting on the floor behind me sounding out words with Super Why on PBS, and has actually begun speaking in sentences!...
My parents would be able to watch the kids, and I'll probably do that.  I'm just saddened that he'll probably miss the birth and first weeks.  I just have to deal- it's not his fault, and in the best interest of the family as a whole, it is the way things needs to be I suppose.    I just don't particularly WANT things to play out that way, but if they do, I'll deal. 
Ok, I have to bring this one back to the top...    DH's work may be taking him away from mid November through early January.  He 'probably' can't get out of it- well, he might be able to, but it would be a HUGE career misstep. I am trying to be positive and see the big picture, but right now, I am really upset at what this is likely to mean for me (I know- it's selfish and terrible and all that, but UGH!)     So, I'm having a 'how do I juggle three kids and a...
The moby can seem overwhelming at first, but it's REALLY easy with a little practice.  Just have him keep tying it around to get used to it for a bit.  I can't think of a more forgiving learning carrier really.    A pouch sling really isn't going to be ideal with a newborn-  a ring sling would be better and would have a much smaller risk to the baby- also, you will both be able to use it. 
Several years ago I woke up to a SWAT team surrounding my house and the house next door, when they noticed we were home the broke a window and sent us to the basement with instructions not to come out until they gave the all clear, and to lock the doors and windows behind us and take milk with us since they would soon be using tear gas (apparently it helps with the burning?)   The neighbor was a military guy and had murdered someone the night before, they were in a...
  Oh my gosh!  How very exciting!    
It follows her other thread, and I probably should hve responded there instead of here.     http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1330968/raising-grandchild-hiv-positive-mother-was-on-pot#post_16682293   She may care, and I certainly won't dispute that, but there is a big difference between simply caring and caring and accepting the person as she is. I bristle whenever people think they should be able to tell an adult what her choices in life ought to be.