or Connect

Posts by insidevoice

I think sometimes that people choose the path that works for them because they think it is the BEST path to take.  Meaning that if you do something different, you don't think they chose the best, and people get knickers in a twist about it.       The reality is that what I have done has been a reflection of each child, and as I've had more kids, I've come further into the realization that there is no best.  As long as kids aren't being abused or neglected, if they...
I was sure I wanted two. Only two. Everyone in my family has two, and more than that is just strange.  So, I grew up knowing two was what our family size would be.     Then I had one.  And 6 years went by before the second.   I had remarried in that time, so heck, I'd already not followed normal family expectations.  We had a third child just over a year after our second.  I was SURE throughout that pregnancy that we were done.  My family had even been asking when we...
I've found myself very distanced from friends in my years of parenting.  People simply don't understand why we do things the way we do, and are often uncomfortable with it.   I am moving which will put me in a location with more people who re open to attachment and natural parenting, but it will take time to actually make those connections, so for now, I am feeling quite alone.    I find myself not being quite crunchy enough for some folks, and much too crunchy for...
This- absolutely, totally, and completely.  I remembered that I didn't *like* it, but this is so far beyond that.    I think you just have to give yourself permission to feel however you feel without guilt. 
I hate being pregnant. I feel awful the whole time, and I even found myself wondering what on EARTH we were thinking when we decided to do this  AGAIN.    The trick for me has been to allow myself to appreciate the end result, and forgive myself for not buying into the Wonder and Beauty of Pregnancy concept.  There is no pregnancy glow here, it is only a ild and ongoing shade of nauseated green followed by a few months of debilitating pain.     I do remember...
My dd was itching her scalp a few minutes ago and when I took a moment to look, I would that all along the front of her hairline is very  flaky dry skin.  She is nine, and washes her own hair well at this point, ans we try to avoid harsh shampoos with SLS etc.    What should we try to fix this for her?  It's itchy, and it really has come up quite quickly and is quite severe. 
Yep, that's where I am most of the time.  I drink tons when breastfeeding, but my desire for coffee is just about gone with this pregnancy. :(    
We love Girl Scouts.  I find that they are incredibly inclusive, and there is a much more laid back vibe than I've experienced in my interactions with Boy Scouts.  it's just... different.    GS will never turn someone away because of financial difficulty.  They will usually go above and beyond to make sure that any girl who wants to participate can participate.  I loved GS as a kid, as a teenager (yep, I did get my Gold) as a GS camp counselor, and as an adult...
I've had the flu for the past few days on top of everything else, so I've very much allowed WAY too much TV time.  But they have eaten and been kept clean and mostly dressed.  I count it as a success.    Also, I have a nine year old who is a huge help.  She just spent a good 20 minutes playing hide and seek with two toddlers while I drank a cup of tea and ate an english muffin. Enlisting the older sibling works really well here. :D
Prenatals aren't happening here.  If I take the prenatal, I don't eat (I've tried SO MANY TYPES!)   If I don't take a prenatal, I can usually manage to actually eat.  Lesser of two evils?  Skip the prenatal and strive for a decent diet- especially since, other than iron, I don't tend to be deficient in much.  Folic acid is something I take as a stand alone all the times, so I'm not worried about that. As I am able to keep things down, I will take a multivitamin again,...