or Connect

Posts by gitanamama

Aw snowydays, I'm sorry the nausea has gotten better by now. I started taking Unisom and Vit B and it helped a ton with the nausea- I was at the point of not being able to function or hold down anything but liquid. I still have really strong food aversions- pretty much all food sounds disgusting to me, but at least I'm able to eat cold cereal. And I still feel....blegh. I had an ultrasound yesterday (I have a history of losses) and it dated me at 7 weeks today. I was...
Thanks LilyTiger for your kind reply. I'm doing my best to take things one day at a time, or one hour at a time when it's really bad. I know intellectually that hormones are causing these feelings, but it's hard to recognize that when they're so overpowering. DH is leaving the country for three weeks tomorrow- so I'm going to be single handedly running our business and caring for DS while he's gone. It's scary to imagine, considering I have a hard time even doing a load of...
I feel weird even writing this- I know this should be a time of excitement and joy, but I feel like I'm sinking. I'm 7 weeks pregnant, with what will be my second child (I've also had three miscarriages.) I have intense nausea all day and night, along with fatigue, which I know is contributing to my feelings of depression- but beyond that, I just feel so low and desperate. I'm doubting whether I can do this, whether I even want another child- just feeling like I'm going...
I haven't told anyone other than my parents, DH and one friend- I can't really muster the enthusiasm and I don't want everyone to think I don't want this pregnancy. I just don't want the sickness that goes along with this pregnancy... I'm trying some essential oils which seem to help a bit, but I still feel weak and shaky from having no food in my system, yet the thought of eating anything makes me dry heave. Can I fast forward to 12 weeks, pleeeeease!
7 weeks along (I think...) and this sucks!! I'm nauseous all the time, and my food aversions are so strong that it's hard to find anything that will go down. I threw up in the sink while trying to make DS some toast-- the poor guys is going to have to live on string cheese and fruit because it's the only things I can "prepare" without hurling. The nausea wakes me up at 5 am every morning, and I can't get back to sleep-- even though I make myself eat some greek yogurt in...
I'm still in the first trimester but definitely feeling depressed and blue. I've lost 3 pregnancies and I know I should be overjoyed that this one seems to be sticking-- and I AM overjoyed, I just don't feel it, if that makes sense. I'm chalking it up to hormones and nausea- I've also been super bitchy and irritable lately, as well as exhausted and queasy most of the day. I can't really muster the energy to do anything- or even care!-- and with a three year old and two...
I often run into the sentiment that it would be better for my son if I went back to work and put him in preschool (he's 3.5.) Even some of my friends and family seem to think that I'm doing us both a disservice by staying home- apparently my son is missing out on the socialization and experience of preschool and I'm wasting my degree by not having a career (ironically, my degree is in Education and I can't think of a better use for it than teaching my own child.) I think...
I haven't had time to read through all the posts, but I'm so glad I found this thread. DH and I opened our own business two years ago and it's doing well, but we have some really high overhead costs as well as debt we're paying off. It feels like we're still pinching pennies even though our income tripled. Part of the problem is not seeing eye to eye - DH is not nearly as frugal as I am, and my reaction to his spending is usually to tighten the budget even more. Obviously...
Yep- add me to the list! DH talks a lot about paying off our debt and putting more in savings, but doesn't follow through on living frugally. He spends a lot on clothes, sunglasses, outdoor and sports gear, etc., justifying it by saying he works hard and wants to enjoy life to the fullest. DH grew up very poor, so I think buying stuff is about pride in some ways. He's proud of the successful business we've built and wants to show it off by having nice things I guess. It...
Here are some of our favs: -breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs and fried potatoes -tofu fajitas with sautéed bell peppers and onions, served with refried beans and salsa -pasta with homemade pesto. I add canned tuna for protein, frozen peas and kale to the pesto -rice and bean bowls with cheese, salsa, and avocado - soup and grilled cheese sandwiches - curried yellow lentils with veggies, served with naan or rice -homemade pizza (maybe a little over $5 depending on...