or Connect

Posts by gitanamama

These are all so great! DS thought moths were called waffles, for whatever reason. Then he graduated to calling them "moffles". Still my favorite!
I can totally relate! It's really frustrating knowing you'll face an intense struggle at the end of every outing. DS (3 1/2) is the same way. I try to give him plenty of warnings about transitions but a lot of the time I end up bribing him, which I feel terrible about, or carrying him out screaming. Parks, the pool, friends' houses....we've made less-than-graceful exits just about everywhere for the past year. Not sure how else to handle it, but I definitely sympathize!
Hugs mamaleila! It's so good to hear from others who have similar experiences. I think my last post came off as way too peppy and optimistic :). I still don't have it all figured out. I still have questions and doubts that feel paralyzing at times. These questions are so much bigger and heavier when kids are involved, like you said. I remember looking at some adult relationships (family and family friends) as a teenager and wondering why the women put up with some of the...
When I was pregnant with my son, I had some intense nausea caused by food smells. I couldn't handle cooking or even being in the house when food was being prepared. At about 9 weeks, my DH and I left for two months in Peru. I was dreading the flight because I knew that the smell of airplane food would make me vomit. But the day of the trip, i had no nausea. The plane ride was fine, I ate the gross lasagna they served, and didn't have any nausea in Peru or for the rest if...
OrmEmbar- do you know how that family treated their cat? We do have a cat- he spends 90% of his time outside but does come in to eat and nap once in awhile. But he doesn't seem to have any sores... I feel like our environment is probably so contaminated at this point- it's overwhelming and scary. I'm doing everything I can to clean and disinfect, but DS has a million tiny toys! Not the mention the rugs in our house- not sure how to clean them, and we spend a lot of time...
We've been dealing with a staph nightmare for 5 months now- it's so frustrating and scary (and painful.) I had multiple boils for awhile- was put on two rounds of abx- both of which worked for 2 weeks and then the boils came back. I now just get little painful pimples- if I'm not careful, they would turn into boils but I keep tea tree oil on them at the very first sign. Dh had one "abscess" that ended up needing to be drained and packed, and now DS (3) has one on his leg...
It's been awhile, and so much has changed, so I thought I'd come back and update here. My first post was right in the middle of a storm of soul searching-- I felt trappedin my marriage and angry/resentful (irrationally so, which I did realize) at my DH for not being the man of  my dreams. I didn't want to throw away the good things but I didn't want to continue putting up with the bad. And then somehow, everything just blew wide open for me. I read a book by Bryon Katie...
We have started TTC (yay!!) but I'm really concerned about hypermesis/ severe morning sickness this time around and I want to take any/all preventative measures possible. I had some nausea with my pregnancy with my son (he's now 3), and then a short, but really rough, pregnancy last fall. I was super sick from 4 weeks up until the m/c at 7 weeks- constant nausea, puking around the clock, impossible to keep anything down. I'd like to believe that the extreme reaction was...
  My feelings exactly. I've been getting a lot of  thinly veiled "feedback" from family and friends lately about our "layed back" approach to raising DS. It's all well meant and just little comments here and there, but I end up second guessing myself a lot. The general consensus seems to be that we don't discipline DS enough-- that we let him call the shots. And some days, after changing plans and not leaving the house because DS isn't in the mood to put clothes on, it...
Yes!! Thank you so much for reviving this thread. We had a relatively easy phase a bit after I wrote my last post (1 tantrum a day instead of 6.) I can't really pinpoint any developmental leap-- DS started playing on his own a bit more than before (meaning 5-10 minutes, rather than 30 seconds) but that's about it. But now we're struggling again-- this time with transitions. Even if I give him plenty of warning and reminders and talk him through the whole process, DS...