or Connect

Posts by gitanamama

DS is 3.5 and is super shy. He's always been this way (DH and I are both pretty introverted, so it's not a big surprise) but lately it's gotten more extreme. If we're at the park, DS wants to leave as soon as another kid gets anywhere near him. He's begun making "monster faces" (rolling back his eyes and baring his teeth) at strangers (kids and adults) if they try to say hi or engage him in conversation. I know this is a defense mechanism to hide his shyness, but honestly...
DS (3.5) has dreads- DH didn't want to cut DS's hair and I got sick of the struggles over brushing it, so dreads just sort of happened. (DH has dreads too.) DS's are pretty wild- they formed on their own and we don't do much to them, other than wash them. Occasionally DH will take a crochet hook to them while DS is asleep, but that happens very rarely.
Great thread! I'd say I forget to take my vitamins 1/3 of the time- and I've been meaning to start doing kegels and squats since the beginning of this pregnancy. Still hasn't happened.....When I was pregnant with DS (he was our first) I had so much time to exercise, meditate, reflect on the pregnancy, etc., and now, I'm usually so busy that I actually forget that I'm pregnant (catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror or feeling a kick always reminds me . I've set an...
We're in a similar situation- I'm veg and DH and DS eat meat. I try to make a mixture of one dish meals that are vegetarian (stir fry with tofu, curry, pad Thai, burritos with fake meat, pasta) and then have a few meat substitutes on hand for nights when I do a meat based meal for DH. For example, if he has a burger, I'll have a black bean/veggie pattie or a grilled portabella "burger." Other ideas for meat stand-ins- omelletes or deviled eggs, baked tofu, chickpea...
OregonMoon- I wanted to quote your last post, but my phone is being temperamental. I can very much relate to the ups and downs. I've had 3 m/c all together, so the first trimester is always a challenging time for me emotionally. With this pregnancy, I was also really sick and my emotional state was really low. I had a really hard time feeling excited about the pregnancy at first- I was worried about getting my hopes up and also just plain miserable from the m/s. But I'm...
I have as well- I miscarried in mid sep. at 5.5 weeks and then got pregnant right away- no period in between. I'm actually using my m/c date as my LMP for dating purposes. I hope all goes well for you mama!
I love "Babies" and wanted to show it to DS, but I noticed on Netflix it's no longer available for streaming. @eaustin- I also get obsessed with pregnancy and birth movies! I'm going to look up Call the Midwife and A Doula Story- thanks for the suggestions!
I love the idea of a hanging shoe organizer @Mozado! Right now, my biggest concern is where to put baby clothes and cloth diapers- I think i could squeeze one of those hanging organizers into my closet. Baby will be sleeping with us for the first two years or so, but I may put a crib beside the bed (at the same level) so we all have a little more space. I get stressed thinking about what to do once the babe is ready for his/her own bed/room- but that's a good three years...
When I was at my worst point, I took a full unisom and a B6 pill around midnight or 1am and then half a unisom and half a B6 midday. I eventually cut out the midday pills and then went down to half pills at night. Good luck mama- constant m/s is rough!
I've had two dreams now of feeling really strong movement- that sensation in the third trimester where you can feel (a see!) your whole belly roll as the baby moves around. Can't wait to feel that again soon!!