or Connect

Posts by gitanamama

I'm finally getting to the point where I can think about being productive without wanting to cry. Thankfully, our to-do list is pretty short, but I'm sure I'll add to it in the final month of nesting. Right now, all I need to do is: 1. Get infant carseat (we lugged our last one to Peru and then left it there since DS was ready for a booster by the time we got back.) 2. Pull cloth diapers out of storage 3. Get a few more wool diaper covers 4. Get a package of newborn...
Watermama- i think i get what you're feeling. With my last pregnancy, I felt very natural at all stages. This time, I just feel like I'm swelling. I feel awkward and weird in my clothes- even my maternity pieces. I think I'm right in that stage where I'm getting too big for my regular clothes but still not showing enough for maternity wear. I'm hoping that will change when my bump gets more....bumpy?
I feel you Mozado! I'm 13 weeks and I still get bought a of gagging a couple times a day. I'm not nauseous/sea sick like I was around 6-10 weeks, but all of a sudden I get these waves of heaving and have to run to the bathroom or sink. I'm still taking unisom/b6, which I really want to stop, but whenever I do, the gagging turns into full blown vomiting 4-5 times a day. With my first pregnancy, I was nauseous for 2 weeks and then felt great from 9 weeks on. This sickness...
So glad you started this thread lovelife! I was counting on 13 weeks to be the magical turning point, but so far, I'm still exhausted. My nausea is gone (thank god!) but food still isn't very appealing- and the idea of cooking and cleaning up makes me want to go back to bed. I'm also having a hard time getting enough protein- I'm a vegetarian and eggs (usually one of my main sources of protein) still sound revolting. I'm eating lots of nuts, cheese, yogurt and beans, but I...
Broke out my box of maternity clothes today. Most of my regular clothes still fit fine, but I went gift shopping today and really wanted to get myself some new clothes- but it wasn't in the budget. So I figured I'd dig my maternity clothes out of the basement for a change of wardrobe. Most of the stuff wasn't very exciting to see again- everything was handed down to me, so most of it is pretty well worn and shabby. But, there were a few cute things I'd forgotten about that...
I've decided not to weigh myself this time. My midwife will weigh me, but she asks every time if I want to know how much I've gained. I'm more anxious this time around about the weight gain- although i'm not really sure why. I guess I felt like I had finally gotten my body back after the first pregnancy and now i'm starting the whole process over. That being said, I love the huge bump in the third trimester. It made me feel so full and round and beautiful. I don't...
I read through the thread last night and was going to reply then but had to get DS to bed- so forgive me if this has already been suggested-- Activia, could you ask your mom (and others who want to get you "stuff") to go in on a carseat? The really nice ones are pretty pricey, and it might be a good compromise- it won't take up space in the house! I totally agree with you on having/needing minimal baby stuff. Diapers, a carseat, and an ergo were really the only things I...
I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread- just wanted to share my experience. I got an ultrasound at PP at 7 weeks because I was concerned about an ectopic pregnancy and my midwife doesn't have an u/s machine. The technician was wonderful- she asked me whether or not I wanted to see the screen and when I told her that it was a wanted pregnancy, she asked if I needed a referral to an obgyn. A very positive experience (and so much cheaper than the hospital!)
My parents always filled our stockings with useful little items, and we were always so excited! We lived pretty frugally growing up, so getting my very own package of hairties or my own tube of bubble gum toothpaste was always a treat. We're continuing the tradition with DS- I think it makes much more sense than silly little toys that get played with for two minutes and then tossed aside. My mom also used to put an orange and a mini box of cereal in our stockings- again,...
That sounds like heaven contactmaya! I guess I struggle because DS almost never does his own thing. He won't play with toys on his own and his limit for painting, drawing is about 10 minutes. He gave up naps before he turned 2, so I don't really have any "off" time during the day- he's constantly by my side, needing engagement. I try to include him in all my chores and projects, but sometimes my brain just needs a break from the toddler chatter and endless questions....