or Connect

Posts by gitanamama

Snowydays- I think you have a wonderful attitude! A few of my friends grew up with single moms and they had wonderful, stable, happy childhoods. Your family has no reason to be anything other than happy for you. I was really scared to tell my family and friends when I got pregnant with DS, even though it was planned. Everyone had just met DH and they weren't too sure they liked him, plus we were totally broke and I was unemployed. But to my surprise, everyone was so...
I thought I was in the clear- I'd been feeling much better and had more energy-- so I decided to stop taking the unisom/vit b combo. Bad idea. Today was horrible! I felt like I was back at square one- queasy all day, threw up every meal, and just totally exhausted and blue from feeling so sick. I hate taking drugs while pregnant- even if they're supposedly safe- I just don't trust pharmaceuticals at all. But I'm basically non-functional without them still- which is really...
I got hit with heartburn yesterday too mease8- I'd forgotten how painful it is! It didn't start until 5 months with my last pregnancy, so I was totally surprised when I got it yesterday. Also, I've been getting so bloated in the evenings. I start off the day looking pretty normal and all my regular clothes fit just fine, but around 4 o'clock my stomach starts to poof out. By dinner it's so tight and uncomfortable, it's hard to get food in and I look 5 months pregnant!...
I've been participating in threads for awhile now, but I realized I never officially introduced myself. We live in NM for most of the year and in Peru during the winters. My EDD is June 21st and this will be our second child (DS is 3), although it's my 5th pregnancy. I'm planning on another home birth- possibly a water birth this time. My hobbies are painting, jewelry making, yoga, traveling, hiking, and playing with my little one. Sorry if this is a little jumbled-...
Yes springshowers! (I would quote, but I'm on my phone and haven't figured out how to do that.) Your post really hit home. With DS's pregnancy, I was so excited about the whole experience. I couldn't wait to get the round belly and experience birth and breastfeeding and all the rest. This time I'm just scared. I know now how hard it can be. I had a great home birth, DS was a nursing champ-- all in all, things were great. But I was still an exhausted, burnt out mess for 2.5...
I'm the owner of one of those yards you're upset about (insert blushing emoticon here.) We don't have trash in our yard, but we do have DS's plastic toys strewn about. Also, DH runs a landscaping business from home, so there are always tools and machines here and there. He tries to keep them tidy, but they still aren't really nice to look at. Luckily we live on a very diverse neighborhood- some houses with impeccable gardens and never so much as a rake left out of place...
Thanks for the support mamas. I started unisom + vit b again and it seems to be working- today I've been able to eat normally. I'd been taking it before but stopped because the nausea seemed better- I guess that was a bad idea!
I haven't been able to keep any food down for the past 48 hours. Considering it's only been 2 days, I'm not too worried- but I think I will be if it keeps up. Before, I had strong food aversions but was able to eat selective foods and felt better with a full stomach. My food aversions have lessened now, so I can get food in- it just comes up 10 minutes later! I'm fine with water and ok with juice- just nothing solid (or even liquid food like protein shakes or kefir..) As...
I'm sorry your families aren't more supportive of your parenting choices Activia. But I'm sure they'll be overjoyed with the news of a new baby! And for now, you don't even have to share what your plans are- you can just say that you're open to different ideas about sleeping/feeding/diapering etc. I'm sure once they see you with a happy, well adjusted co-sleeping, breastfed, cloth diapered baby on your chest, they'll keep their mouths closed! (Or at least I should hope...
I felt wonderful yesterday- ok, not wonderful wonderful but wonderful compared to the past couple weeks- but today has been the worst! My nausea and food aversions have eased up a bit, but I've thrown up every single meal I've eaten today. Even the juice I drank. It feels like a sick joke- now that i can actually handle getting food down, it comes right back up. I feel much better after I vomit, but then my empty stomach makes me dry heave and feel weak and dizzy. This...