or Connect

Posts by reborn

Thanks so much for the all the input, ladies.  I had never heard about this supposed policy until today... I think I've mostly likely gained 2lbs+ several times throughout the pregnancy, but I was only going to monthly appts and my monthly weight gain never exceeded 7 lbs at a time, so maybe that's why it's never been brought up before.  It sure seems like between baby growth, mama weight gain, and possible inaccuracy due to clothing weights, 2 lbs is an awfully small...
Honestly, I am not sure... she said something about there being a possibility of my kidneys not functioning properly. (I have no clue how that would work) She also said it is their "policy" to order bedrest for anyone who gains more than 2 lbs in a week.  She is new, and I think would not yet have the freedom to use her own judgement so I have a feeling it was mostly all about her upholding the "policy". :P  I'm debating calling the midwife tomorrow; the office is closed...
Thank you so much for telling me this!  Nice to have some affirmation that I'm not the only one.  I know it must be water because my eating patterns are the same and I don't feel or look any bigger really.  My mom, chiro, etc. have all said (exclaimed!) they've never seen feet as fat as mine.  They do look like loaves of bread.  I always thought foot swelling was super common during summer pregnancies so I've been a little surprised that other people seem disturbed by...
  Oh my word, SasLewis11!!!!!!!!!!  Where is the jealousy emoticon when you need it?!!  How long did it take you to collect such a fabulous stash?
  Oh no!  It makes me feel a little panicky just to read this... :( :(  I'm so sorry to hear that!    It's probably more important than ever for you to do your positive affirmations/meditation/prayer etc. to keep your faith in your body and your baby.  Will your midwife at least accompany you to the hospital so you have a familiar and constant presence?   My mom had 4 natural, unmedicated births in-hospital, so I know it is possible.  Although she did have to...
That's what I want to hear! teehee...   Def trying to drink a lot (as usual).  The feet elevated thing is pretty much as bad as bed rest!  I have def been slacking on that because it doesn't seem to help much, or, if it does, the swelling comes right back once I go back to normal activity.  Do you know if there's any ill effect that can come from just letting your feet be swollen?  I mean, if the concern is just that it is a SIGN of something serious, then the swelling...
No protein (did a pee dip), vision changes, or headache.   I do very occasionally see spots, but that has been the case my ENTIRE life, and I think it's due to low blood pressure (which runs in my family).  My BP was slightly low today, but in my normal range. (edited to add: the ONLY change this week from the norm was the sudden 4 lb weight gain.  Like I said, I've had major swelling for several weeks and the midwife hasn't been concerned due to lack of other symptoms....
ROTFL!!  Well, I'm totally with you!!   
OH I am so jealous!  Your diaper stashes are so adorable!   I have 24 motherease diapers and inserts someone gave me, but they are OS and enormous looking.  And I only have maybe 2 or 3 covers, size medium.  :\  I was hoping to get a whole bunch of CD's as gifts, but that didn't happen, and since I can't sew (yet) it looks like we'll be using 7th Generation disposables until LO fits into the motherease dipes.  Oh well.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any good deals...
UGH.  I am 40 weeks tomorrow, and feeling fine and normal.  Today at my midwife appointment, I somehow seemed to have gained 4 pounds since last week.  I think there must have been a difference in my clothes' weight or something... idk.  Anyways, I have had really bad edema w/pitting in my feet and ankles for at least a month now (with no significant change/increase/decrease over the past two weeks), but NO other signs of pre-eclampsia.  In fact my BP was 100/68 today....