or Connect

Posts by reborn

Thanks Laura, that does help. :)
          DITTO!! hahahaha!   So with you on this... I'm in full-blown prep mode for my late June/early July baby, but I still don't think the reality of "actual human being I will be at least partially responsible forEVER" has clicked yet.
I love this idea!  I feel awesome too!  I've gained a buttload of weight, I have my first hemmorhoid, my ankles have completely disappeared... but I have energy at least a few days a week and basically just feel good.  I was in pretty much the worst shape of my life when I got pregnant, and I started yoga at 14 weeks (never done it previously).  I credit yoga with making me feel stronger and more flexible than I did pre-pregnancy!  Not to mention, more centered.  <3...
Thank you, thank you!  This is all SO helpful!  Ya'll are awesome.   @coharmony, I've been trying to think of a teenager that could help, since it will be over summer break, but I no one has come to mind yet. :(   I will def look into doulas in training in the area!  
Thanks, Italiamom!!!
Hi LadyScientist,   I'm currently planning my first homebirth with Evelyn, and I've been seeing her for prenatal care since October 2010.  Haven't delivered yet. :)  I agree with a lot of what BenimBebek said.  I still don't feel like I know her super well or that she is my best friend.  But I don't care.  Even without that "friend" connection, she is always a calming presence.  She never seems like she's in a hurry or doesn't have time to talk or answer questions,...
We're planning a home birth for our first child as well and we just finished a Brio Birth class in Columbia, MD... idk if that is too far away for you??  I'm pretty sure they have instructors in DC as well.   PM me for my instructor's contact info. :)  I highly recommend the Brio class!  10 classes 2-3 hours long, and very thorough.  Textbook is modern and sensitive to modern issues, though the videos were still a bit outdated.
Hmm, good idea on the disposable dishes, Angelorum!  I was worried about dishes piling up.  We're planning to cloth diaper, but I think I will hold off on that also until I am on my feet again. I just need disposable clothes! haha   I think I will make a checklist of stuff I need by the bed  and tape it to the wall so he can take inventory before he leaves for work each day. :)   I want my hubby to have time to bond with the baby when he's home.  I think, as much...
I agree with Seili!  Thanks for posting and adding to this discussion, Peter J.  We are expecting a baby boy July 1 and are not circumcising.  I am the worrying type and I am terrified that some family member or pediatrician will retract the foreskin without our permission.  I'm not sure how to make sure this does not happen without stepping on toes or sounding like a jerk.  :-/  It makes me want to prevent anyone other than my husband or myself from changing our baby's...
Thanks Sharita!  Love your profile pic, btw. haha!   Yes, my instructor mentioned organ prolapse as a possible result of overdoing it.  Yikes!  I'm sorry you had to go through that. :(   Do you feel the baby became jaundiced because you weren't breastfeeding often enough due to being busy?  Or was it just a coincidence?     That's another thing I don't understand-- everyone says not to leave the house for a month, but then there are all these things you're...