or Connect

Posts by Starlit

No advice, just wanted to commiserate!   I have 2 and a half week old twins and am dealing with the exact same type of situation- I'm such a zombie right now!  Hoping this stage passes quickly--- hugs to you, mama!
Yes, no news has been good news!  =)  I will be 32 weeks on Monday and am still holding on- we're so excited!  I've been preparing myself as much as possible (which admittedly, has not went very well)  over the past couple of months for a 2, 3 month early delivery so I am ecstatic that we are at this point despite all the issues and I now have renewed faith that we could make it to near term!!  Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers! =)  I've been MIA...
Thanks ladies- still hanging in there... and we're at 29 weeks today! 
I only had to do the two shots of steroids, 24 hours apart.  So it's been since Thursday at 7 pm since my last shot.  My numbers are still crazy though and I'm wondering how long that's supposed to last.  I put a call into my OB about it today, but didn't get a response.  (uggh!!!)  I haven't been pushing back eating times because of the numbers but am drastically limiting carbs again.  I do a no carb or really low carb breakfast already and that still isn't helping the...
Oh gosh- your whole post just made me more scared!    Since 20 weeks, I have been having severe episodes of shortness of breath and tachycardia/ heart palpitations.  Like, out of the blue, I can't catch my breath just sitting there and I become extremely restless. I mentioned it to my OB around 20 weeks and although he said it was weird that it would start so early (b/c that type of thing is often attributed to pushing up on diaphragm) he said because I'm pregnant with...
I posted a little more of the story in the Twin Mamas thread, but am hoping for all the thoughts and prayers we can get right now.   I am continuing to have episodes of preterm labor (and the medicine I take to stop this is only helping some) and my cervix has shortened to 0.9 cm.  Last night and the night before, I was given steroid injections to speed up the development of the babies lungs.  My OB says he is genuinely concerned that I might deliver in the next...
Thinking of you today... how are things going?
And ice cream, and cinnamon rolls, and pop!!   Just wanted to give an update a couple weeks after my GD diagnosis....   Things started out really good for my post meal numbers, but my fastings always seem to be a bit over.  Both numbers are consistently creeping up, too.  I'm trying to play around with my diet, but haven't been having the best of luck with it.  Luckily my doctor doesn't feel insulin is needed at this point- such a relief for me!    I had to...
KABB, what brought about your diagnosis of pulmonary emboli- what were your symptoms that caused it to be looked into?  For some reason, DVTs and PEs are one of my big fears this time around especially because I've developed (TMI) hemorrhoids and varicose vaginal veins this pregnancy, have aches in my calfs/ behind my knees from time to time and am having twins.  It's nerve racking for me because research shows that DVTs and PEs can often be asymptomatic until a rupture...
Reread the last several posts and wanted to add....   Mama Love, I don't know a lot about clubbed feet...  Is that something surgery can generally correct?    And MBG- OMG! I can't believe you are surviving working on a beach right now!!  I cannot even imagine!